Google Messenger SMS app doesn't work with the S6 well

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I've used the Messenger app since it came out and decided to stick with that with my new phone because of familiarity. Maybe it's just my particular phone but it doesn't work well with it. I went to send a text to my friend and once sent it went to a completely other friend. No rhyme or reason.

Just went to reply to another random text I received and my response went to my mom. I checked to make sure the contacts aren't somehow incorrectly merged together but they're not. Guess I gotta use the stock app.

Siendorf

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Strange. Would like to K of more if you solve it or not. I've been using messenger as well and love it. But when I had the s5 I loved Samsung msg app as well. I o ly used messenger cause I went droid turbo and hated it's msg app.

Posted via the Android Central App

pjeverly

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happen this morning. I thought I was going senile. It switched my brother and my work colleague. Switched back to my Moto X for the next couple of days until I suss this out.

jaymzb0nd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm also unable to save any pictures I receive with that. Gonna stick with Samsungs sms until an update hopefully fixes this

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing all of the issues...I can't start a new thread either. It sends a messages to someone else when I try. I have the AT&T 64GB.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781