Quick charge question

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE the fact that the charger that came with the device is a quick charger, and my phone and get some juice rapidly.

The USB cable that same with the device, though, is rather short. Can any cable be used with the plug and still have it quick charge, or is the cable that came in the box designed for quick charging?

Posted via the Android Central App

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My at&t one is definitely not fast charging with the included cable and adaptor. The adaptor says fast charging but the cable is more narrow than usual and I suspect this is the problem. A different cable on another adaptor that I have will fast charge.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
My at&t one is definitely not fast charging with the included cable and adaptor. The adaptor says fast charging but the cable is more narrow than usual and I suspect this is the problem. A different cable on another adaptor that I have will fast charge.

Why don't you install something like Ampere and test it with different cables and test it? I find it hard to believe that the stock cable that came with the phone isn't capable of giving it a fast charge. People making odd assumptions and statements are how rumors start.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Why don't you install something like Ampere and test it with different cables and test it? I find it hard to believe that the stock cable that came with the phone isn't capable of giving it a fast charge. People making odd assumptions and statements are how rumors start.

Well I apologize that plugging in a different cable and seeing "fast charging" stated by the phone itself but not seeing that same thing with the included cable isn't proof enough.

Can you ever forgive me?

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Well I apologize that plugging in a different cable and seeing "fast charging" stated by the phone itself but not seeing that same thing with the included cable isn't proof enough.

Can you ever forgive me?

I'll send you $5 via paypal if you or someone can prove/confirm that the stock charger and cable will not fast charge the phone. If you can't, then you owe me nothing but I ask that you stop making false claims and spreading rumors before actually testing things for yourself.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I took my charger and cable to the store and instead of accusing me of spreading rumors, the associate was nice enough to just give me another cable. One that works as it should.

Thank you for the reasonable suggestion, Phil.

13ringinheat

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I took my charger and cable to the store and instead of accusing me of spreading rumors, the associate was nice enough to just give me another cable. One that works as it should.

Thank you for the reasonable suggestion, Phil.

Just want to confirm this. I received my AT&T Galaxy S6 edge today and have the same issue. The adapter is good but the cable that it comes with does not let you quick charge. Once i changed the cable i saw the fast charge notification and the time to charge change. I may go to the AT&T store and get another cable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie