S6 Edge - Screen rotation does not work properly
08-28-2016 07:47 AM
- To be honest Zendroid1 we do not know. Going by what I see on here maybe 1 or 2% are affected. My first 2 were fine. I just had scratched screens. My new one just did it out of the blue one day. I sent mine back the samsung repair location and I am now waiting for it to come back. It also had the purple dot on the front camera. My wife's and parents phones are perfect. No issues. I think the longer you wait the better luck you will have.05-13-2015 12:30 PM
- This is just big LOL i am done with SAMSUNG waiting for new iphone 7 i dont think samsung is going to fix this rotation problem...because they simply cant or dont want, they just trying replacing phones on and on, and after some time using it goes down again, endless story....05-13-2015 02:41 PM
- I've gotten notification my phone has been fixed. It says component replaced. I would assume that means my accelerometer has been replaced. I'll only know once I get it back to run the test. I did ask them to have my purple spot on the front camera fixed as well. I don't use the front lens much anyways.05-13-2015 08:09 PM
- I don't think it is the fast charger per se...because some people use the fast charger and their phones do not get that hot. The problem is most surely heat related from "using" the fast charger but I think there's some other wiring, soldering, or hardware problem that is causing the extreme heat that is frying the accelerometer. I read where some phones get very hot when doing a combination of things like using the GPS and some other app at the same time which also could burn out certain components. I think the problem is with the accelerometer itself, or maybe just a bad batch of them and the flaw is exposed by too much heat no matter how it's generated.
It worries me that Samsung has decided to "fix" the problem with a software patch that emulates the accelerometer registers using the gyroscope data. If it was possible to emulate the numbers exactly, they would not have the accelerometer chips on there to save money. Obviously, it's there because it provides information that you cannot get with the other chips.05-14-2015 03:26 AM
- My Verizon S6 Edge had the auto rotation and brightness glitch. Today was my 14th day so I went to the store to find out my options. They were leaning heavily that I should hold tight and wait for an update to correct the issues. No one looked at my phone to examine the issues. I explained that Samsung was swapping out parts for some people with the issue. I told them a software patch to override a defective component is not acceptable to me. They gave me the run around but I stood my ground. In the end I received a non Edge version S6 with a $100. credit due to the lower cost and no restocking fee. It wasn't easy to get that but when you pay that company 1K for the phone and accessory pack (Grandfathered Unlimited data package) in addition to close to $100. a month for over a decade you have bargaining power. I chose the non Edge version in an attempt to not have further problems. Getting 2 or 3 defective Edges isn't my idea of fun. My plan is to use the quick charger when necessary but leaving the case off for ventilation. I'll also wait a few days when an update comes through to see if it's problematic or not before installing it.05-14-2015 05:27 PM
- Had the screen rotation issue with my 1st Edge 128gb right out of the box. Just got my new replacement phone swapped out from Verizon on the 11th and have fast charged it 4 times already and no issues yet. It does not get anywhere as hot as the first phone. This one gets slightly warm for the 1st half of charging then cools down the 2nd half. It is in the Verizon silicone case when charging and even fast charging inside that flat on the table it still has not failed yet. It's the same China phone with same hardware v.04 so I'm guessing it's just a batch of lemons from China that passed by the QC process or lack thereof. Maybe a few of the Lumber Liquidator employees got hired at the Samsung plant?!?!
Posted via the Android Central App05-14-2015 11:49 PM
- Another observation I wanted to add. I bought my Verizon s6 Edge on April 30th. In the settings it said it had a factory reset on April 15th. Does that seem suspicious to anyone? When I returned that phone yesterday to get the regular S6 they did a factory reset in front of me. I wonder what the chances of that phone going to another buyer and if this happens in the industry. My new phone says factory reset unknown, which is why I'm questioning this. Does anyone have a factory reset date prior to your purchase date?05-15-2015 08:44 AM
- Same problem here.
Samsung is selling defective phones knowingly and don't care
Do not buy Samsung 6 edge
I talk to Samsung and they told me "send your phone we are not going to give you a temp. phone "
you will be with no phone for about 2 weeks .
buyer be ware05-16-2015 06:51 AMLike 2
- Another observation I wanted to add. I bought my Verizon s6 Edge on April 30th. In the settings it said it had a factory reset on April 15th. Does that seem suspicious to anyone? When I returned that phone yesterday to get the regular S6 they did a factory reset in front of me. I wonder what the chances of that phone going to another buyer and if this happens in the industry. My new phone says factory reset unknown, which is why I'm questioning this. Does anyone have a factory reset date prior to your purchase date?05-16-2015 07:18 AM
- I sent mine back, just a real piece of crap. Other problems started to crop up, phone would ring, I would swipe to answer and I could start talking but the phone would continue to ring throughout the entire conversation. Only way to make it stop was to power off or restart. Another issue music would just start playing, no app was displayed as running, again only way to make it stop was to restart. Phone was possessed. I had bought the phone outright with no contract, I requested and was granted a full refund, I was still within my 14 days. Still have not purchased another phone.05-16-2015 09:40 AM
05-17-2015 05:55 AM
- Of course my edge, which I pre ordered and got on day 1 of release, decided to act up and quit rotating just recently. Past the 14 day window. I spoke with Verizon but could only get a refurbished one for a replacement, which seems counter productive. I now have a new one that doesn't work right, why would I swap it out for one someone already had trouble with? I guess I will wait awhile with fingers crossed that an update fixes this. I have nothing to lose by waiting, if I am only going to get a refurbished one anyway. I am not such a happy camper right now. I have been a loyal Samsung customer for many generations of phones, but this kinda has me rethinking that whole thing.ap05-17-2015 08:51 PM
- Of course my edge, which I pre ordered and got on day 1 of release, decided to act up and quit rotating just recently. Past the 14 day window. I spoke with Verizon but could only get a refurbished one for a replacement, which seems counter productive. I now have a new one that doesn't work right, why would I swap it out for one someone already had trouble with? I guess I will wait awhile with fingers crossed that an update fixes this. I have nothing to lose by waiting, if I am only going to get a refurbished one anyway. I am not such a happy camper right now. I have been a loyal Samsung customer for many generations of phones, but this kinda has me rethinking that whole thing.ap
I don't know how we ended up being beta testers for Samsung but it looks like we are. Hopefully all of us who purchased right after launch will be made completely whole. It seems unlikely but if they don't give us brand new glitch free devices then who will buy their future phones right away when they launch the S7? Right now they are on the right path if they want lackluster sales on future releases. I was forced to get the non edge version but that's not what I want. It seems like everyone around here is paying a price for faulty workmanship except for Samsung and the carriers.05-17-2015 10:49 PM
- This is my 3 rd phone from VZ and they policy suck as they are giving the new phone in only 14 days of problem identification. I bought it from go wireless and they replace and for the 3 rd one they didn't give a replacement , I didn't give up i tried calling the customer care and made lot of trips to store and i Go the 3rd replacement. There is one thing i have discovered go wireless is charging me 850 per 64 edge . So i did a swap from go wireless to Verizon corporate and my price got switched to 799. If you find the issue after 14 days you have no luck because you are going to get a refurbished phone for the mistake that is done by Samsung. I have also contacted the Samsung guys, they asked me to take the picture in every 90 degrees to calibrate the sensor but nothing worked out.05-18-2015 10:10 AM
- I did send my phone back to Samsung and it should be back in my hands today. I will let you know if they fixed the accelerator or just did a software update. IF they only did the software update and the axis is still stuck on 32.9 or whatever it was hell will rain down on them. My wife's and parents phones are perfect. There is no need for this crap. Just replace the phones Samsung.05-18-2015 12:17 PM
- 05-19-2015 07:20 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge
S6 Edge - Screen rotation does not work properly
- By SickMickUK in forum Samsung Galaxy S6Replies: 50Last Post: 09-23-2015, 10:40 AM
- By Stalonage in forum Samsung Galaxy S6Replies: 3Last Post: 04-10-2015, 11:13 PM
- By cowkong in forum Google Nexus 6Replies: 1Last Post: 04-10-2015, 06:27 PM
- By Nice N Sticky in forum Samsung Galaxy S6 edgeReplies: 0Last Post: 04-10-2015, 06:14 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-10-2015, 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD