Happy with Galaxy S6 Edge Battery Life

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Apparently the battery on s6 edge is supposed to suck, I should have polishing scratches, and brightness issues.

From reading the forums anyway. Just wanted to report my findings, I have had zero issues other than getting used to the smaller screen/keyboard.

I'm in love.

Posted via the Android Central App

Siendorf

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm right there with you. Loving my s6 edge no issues that I have read in the forums.

Posted via AC app on my S6 Edge

terrel_b

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Sprint, returning to Samsung after a long time with HTC. I tried a test of leaving my phone off the charger last night with the Edge Screen clock going while it was backing up my photos and hooked up to wireless. No issues at all, went from 97% to 91% I believe?

It's really a fantastic phone. Hoping some software updates fix the battery issues some have been seeing.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint black 64 edge here and my brightness and screen are perfect. However i do have a wifi drain issue. Came to work and connected to wifi and i started losing battery pretty fast, turned it off and have better battery with 1 bar of lte at work vs full wifi so something is obviously wrong

Edit

The other thing that disappointed me was the wireless charger i woke up this morning with only 88% thats really bad i expected it to keep it topped off better than that

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I've heard of people having problems with positioning the phone just right to ensure charging on the wireless pad

Posted from my Galaxy S6 Edge

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I've heard of people having problems with positioning the phone just right to ensure charging on the wireless pad

Posted from my Galaxy S6 Edge

It was on the charger fine i think once it was full it stops charging completely then it will drain and if im correct it wont resume charging unless you take it off the charger and place it back on

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Real happy for you guys. My replacement edge is on the way and hopefully that one will be issue free. My current one has WiFi battery drain (Verizon) and loads of scratches. It even has some weird bend in the screen (behind the glass) that you can see in real bright light.

There's no doubt this is a fantastic device and most of the time I'm using it, it is problem free. Really really hope the next one is better. There's no doubt there is/was some quality control issues.

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Day 2 with my s6 edge and also loving it. Actually very pleasantly surprised by the battery life, this is an important factor for me and it has surpassed my expectations. It managed 13h 51m 14s with quite a lot of web browsing on 4g and WiFi, maybe about 4/5 hours, plus playing sims freeplay for about an hour on top of quite a lot of texting, checking emails, Facebook and generally just having a play around with it. It's gorgeous and I am in love! I've had so many smartphones from the iPhone 3gs, HTC sensation to the galaxy s3, HTC one, galaxy s4, galaxy note 1, 2 and 3, iPhone 5s, Nokia lumia 930, HTC one m8, iPhone 6 plus, galaxy note 4, galaxy note edge (which I sent back within 2 weeks as had a really bad problem with cycling into no service) to name only a few and nothing comes close to this experience! I'm a gadget freak and I truly feel like I have the best tablet/phone combination now with my lovely gold s6 edge 64gb and my amazing surface pro 3 core i7 512gb.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had over 5 hours screen on time on my first full day. Today I'm on pace for over 6 hours, but theres no way ill use it that much. I've been really happy with the battery life so far. This was really the only worry I had before preordering.

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery seems fine as well and appears to be on par with my iPhone 6. I am running mine on tmobile and haven't used WiFi at all though.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
LOVING every bit of my S6 Edge. No issues. Battery is great for me. While I'm not a power user I do use my phone for everything so it works for me.2015-04-11 10.08.37.jpg

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I may have some to soon/stuck my foot in my mouth.

I'm having major screen rotation issues. Not sure when it started but definitely didn't come out of the box like that.

I really hope there's a fix, I really love my phone :-(

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the battery on s6 edge is supposed to suck, I should have polishing scratches, and brightness issues.

From reading the forums anyway. Just wanted to report my findings, I have had zero issues other than getting used to the smaller screen/keyboard.

I'm in love.

And insecure? So those with problems vent on the forums. That's part of the deal. Flaws do happen, and so do manufacturing mishaps. I'm glad you're enjoying your new toy but no need to dog on others.

Rock over London, rock on Chicago...

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Looks like I may have some to soon/stuck my foot in my mouth.

I'm having major screen rotation issues. Not sure when it started but definitely didn't come out of the box like that.

I really hope there's a fix, I really love my phone :-(

Try going into Recovery mode and clear cache. See if it helps after it reboots.

SherbetDibDab

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

I'm in love.

Great to here someone appreciating the phone for a what it is. I agree completely phone is unbelievably good