Fingerprint Screen Lock and Smart Lock

USA Carry

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I am using Fingerprint as the Screen Lock setting. I also setup my Home location under Smart Lock as a trusted location. But it still forces me to unlock the phone with my fingerprint when I am home. Shouldn't it bypass the screen lock when I am home? Location service is on.

Posted via the Android Central App

bdelio

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere that it's an issue with lollipop. Mine doesn't work either. Hopefully it gets fixed along with the horrible battery life I am getting.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

USA Carry

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok glad it isn't just me then.

You could just switch the lock screen from Fingerprint to one of the other options. So far the fingerprint scan has worked very well and fast for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Trusted places also was a bust for me, also read somewhere it's a lollipop issue but what DID WORK for me was pairing a trusted device. I paired my Samsung Gear Fit and my car. Now, as long as I'm near or wearing my Gear Fit It bypasses the fingerprint... And in my car no fingerprint needed. Love it 💚

Posted via Android Central App

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Once you install fingerprint scan is there any way to disable? Mine doesn't work to well

Yes, go into security and turn off the lock... I had to do it for my mom, she is disabled and it was hard for her to unlock it. Downside is no security but she rarely leaves the house so it wasn't a big deal for her.

Posted via Android Central App

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
someone mentioned that if one were to use, for example, one's right thumb for finger print 1, and also, use right thumb (again) for finger print 2, then it ought to work better, since the phone now has TWO versions of your right thumb, it should be able to more easily recognize your right thumb with greater variance of placement of your thumb on the finger print reader.

i haven't tried it yet myself, but it sounds reasonable to me.

the fingerprint security also wasn't that easy to use for me -- despite how everyone kept saying it is a no brainer and very easy to use and very reliable. :(

maybe someone would be so kind as to try this workaround and see if it works better?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
someone mentioned that if one were to use, for example, one's right thumb for finger print 1, and also, use right thumb (again) for finger print 2, then it ought to work better, since the phone now has TWO versions of your right thumb, it should be able to more easily recognize your right thumb with greater variance of placement of your thumb on the finger print reader.

i haven't tried it yet myself, but it sounds reasonable to me.

the fingerprint security also wasn't that easy to use for me -- despite how everyone kept saying it is a no brainer and very easy to use and very reliable. :(

maybe someone would be so kind as to try this workaround and see if it works better?

Yes I have two finger prints set for each thumb or helps for sure.

What error message are you getting?

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Denisew but I don't see that option in Security

Go into Security>Fingerprint then long hold one of your stored fingerprints than have already been stored on the phone. This will bring up little check boxes next to each stored fingerprint. Check each of them and then hit Delete. Now the fingerprint unlock feature will be disabled and you can opt for either no security (Swipe), pattern or PIN.

Hope this helps.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, Did some of you know why LED notification blinking every 3 seconds even I am not charging and there is no new email, texts, missed calls etc.? It's blue led notification and it's annoying.

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, Did some of you know why LED notification blinking every 3 seconds even I am not charging and there is no new email, texts, missed calls etc.? It's blue led notification and it's annoying.
Forgot to mention that this happens only when screen is off but not while unlock and up.