Text Message preview in notification panel and double email notifications

kallen1229

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Good Evening-

I have two major questions (So Far):
1) How can I turn off the preview of the text message in the notification panel. I have been trying to figure this out all day. I can't seem to locate that option. My previous phone the S4 had an option to turn off the preview. I prefer it to just say new message, not the name and details of the message.
2) I started up the phone with my gmail address. I keep receiving two notifications for all emails. One from the stock email app (which I can not disable or uninstall) and one from the actual gmail app ( I prefer to use the actual gmail app). I have gone into the stock email app and turned off the notifications, however that turned off ALL notifications, even though the gmail app still stated that it will notify me of any new messages.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Good Evening-

I have two major questions (So Far):
1) How can I turn off the preview of the text message in the notification panel. I have been trying to figure this out all day. I can't seem to locate that option. My previous phone the S4 had an option to turn off the preview. I prefer it to just say new message, not the name and details of the message.
2) I started up the phone with my gmail address. I keep receiving two notifications for all emails. One from the stock email app (which I can not disable or uninstall) and one from the actual gmail app ( I prefer to use the actual gmail app). I have gone into the stock email app and turned off the notifications, however that turned off ALL notifications, even though the gmail app still stated that it will notify me of any new messages.

As for the stock email app just delete the account all together. That way it won't fetch any emails.

The message previews can be disabled by going to settings >> sounds and notifications >> notifications on lock screen >> hide content

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

kallen1229

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response. However, with the email account, it's not two different accounts, it's the same email address. So, I can't delete my account.

The text messages, that route you suggested is already the way my phone is set up. That route is specifically for the information on the lock screen. I want the notification panel not to say the contents of the text message.

Posted via the Android Central App

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response. However, with the email account, it's not two different accounts, it's the same email address. So, I can't delete my account.

The text messages, that route you suggested is already the way my phone is set up. That route is specifically for the information on the lock screen. I want the notification panel not to say the contents of the text message.

Posted via the Android Central App

So now I understand. As for the email when you go to settings and accounts, it's the stock email account listed? I know that your Google account will be, as well as Samsung and others like whatsapp if you have them. I'm wondering if you'll be able to disable the stock email account there.

As for the text notifications, I see what you mean. Looks like the option to hide the notifications on the stock message app is only specific to the lock screen, or disable then completely which is stupid. Now I'm curious to see if a 3rd party messaging app has the same do it don't options.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non