S6 Edge not recognized on MacBook Pro

Daniel Gecev

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: S6 Edge not recogniced on MacBook Pro

Is kinda obvious that is not working because they are in really big competition and they're "enemies ". There should be a programme that can make that happen. I'll have a look when I go home.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Interesting. What carrier version do you have?
I plug mine in and see a stupid Verizon volume that mounts. After that goes away I get this. Anyone else get it to connect?View attachment 179663

Sorry just getting back to you now. I have the Verizon edge. I haven't had any issues really, except for the occasional freeze to where I have to pull the USB connection and reconnect, but otherwise it works just fine. Not sure why mine works and yours doesn't, as I haven't messed with any settings or anything. I just plugged it in the other day and transferred a bunch of files. Didn't think anything if it. Sorry you guys are having issues and I can't help point you in the right direction. I know it's frustrating when something should work but doesn't, with no explanation as to why. And even more frustrating when it works for some people but not others. Makes no sense.

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Is kinda obvious that is not working because they are in really big competition and they're "enemies ". There should be a programme that can make that happen. I'll have a look when I go home.

That reasoning is ludicrous... And I believe I just proved that theory of yours wrong. Let's not start getting into conspiracy theories here people... Solves nothing.

Thierry Mattea

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Just got my Galaxy S6 today. Always had a problem connecting my S4 with my Macbook Pro using either Kies or Android File Transfer. I know either or both do work for some people, but it is obviously a major headache for too many people like me to dismiss it as a "one-off" issue. PS: I had no problem connecting Kies to my old S3 Mini, but since I got the S4, it's been nothing but a major headache. Recently, my S4 bit the dust and the screen simply died. I figured that with all the hype, the freshly pressed flagship S6 with its' upgraded Operating System and hardware would have no such issues. I thought Samsung must've have certainly addressed these connectivity issues for its' LATEST devices! To my horror, it turned out it's even worth for the S6 than the previous generation Galaxy S devices.
Kies refuses to recognize my S6 and keeps insisting I download SmartSwitch, which I did. Though I was able to connect the S6 to SmartSwitch, the functionality of SmartSwitch does not allow me to upload the .vcf contacts file I had backed-up on my MBP. It seems to be designed only to transfer files from one device to another. Since my S4 is unusable, I traded it in when I purchased the S6. All I have is the .vcf contacts back-up file on my MBP. And since the S6 does not take a microSD card, which happens to have my contacts on it, that option is out the window. I uninstalled SmartSwitch and Kies and downloaded Android Transfer File (ATF), and yet again, the app won't recognize the S6 even after restarting my MBP and the S6 several times and clearing cache. I even tried MobileGo Wondershare to no avail.
I can't believe in this age of highly sophisticated smartphones, the mere task of transferring contacts from a PC (Mac OS X) to a new phone is tougher than climbing Mt. Everest in the winter season! Actually, I'm utterly disgusted with both Apple and Samsung. And for those dismissing the "conspiracy theory" logic, you're too naive to see beyond your nose. I can't believe that Apple or Samsung don't have the technical capability to make such a menial task effortless and glitch free! I'm so frustrated, I'm contemplating returning my S6 to the seller tomorrow and pulling out my old "non-smartphone" Nokia out of my dust bin. I thought that smartphones are suppose to make our lives easier and more functional, and not add more unnecessary complications to an already complicated life!
If anyone can offer a reasonable workaround to this major dilemma without getting too techie, please chime-in.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site

Just got my Galaxy S6 today. Always had a problem connecting my S4 with my Macbook Pro using either Kies or Android File Transfer. I know either or both do work for some people, but it is obviously a major headache for too many people like me to dismiss it as a "one-off" issue. PS: I had no problem connecting Kies to my old S3 Mini, but since I got the S4, it's been nothing but a major headache. Recently, my S4 bit the dust and the screen simply died. I figured that with all the hype, the freshly pressed flagship S6 with its' upgraded Operating System and hardware would have no such issues. I thought Samsung must've have certainly addressed these connectivity issues for its' LATEST devices! To my horror, it turned out it's even worth for the S6 than the previous generation Galaxy S devices.
Kies refuses to recognize my S6 and keeps insisting I download SmartSwitch, which I did. Though I was able to connect the S6 to SmartSwitch, the functionality of SmartSwitch does not allow me to upload the .vcf contacts file I had backed-up on my MBP. It seems to be designed only to transfer files from one device to another. Since my S4 is unusable, I traded it in when I purchased the S6. All I have is the .vcf contacts back-up file on my MBP. And since the S6 does not take a microSD card, which happens to have my contacts on it, that option is out the window. I uninstalled SmartSwitch and Kies and downloaded Android Transfer File (ATF), and yet again, the app won't recognize the S6 even after restarting my MBP and the S6 several times and clearing cache. I even tried MobileGo Wondershare to no avail.
I can't believe in this age of highly sophisticated smartphones, the mere task of transferring contacts from a PC (Mac OS X) to a new phone is tougher than climbing Mt. Everest in the winter season! Actually, I'm utterly disgusted with both Apple and Samsung. And for those dismissing the "conspiracy theory" logic, you're too naive to see beyond your nose. I can't believe that Apple or Samsung don't have the technical capability to make such a menial task effortless and glitch free! I'm so frustrated, I'm contemplating returning my S6 to the seller tomorrow and pulling out my old "non-smartphone" Nokia out of my dust bin. I thought that smartphones are suppose to make our lives easier and more functional, and not add more unnecessary complications to an already complicated life!
If anyone can offer a reasonable workaround to this major dilemma without getting too techie, please chime-in.

There is a very easy way to transfer information and that is to use a Cloud service to store your Contacts etc. Google, iCloud etc will keep them on your account.

Import your contacts into the respective service, login to the account, and you're done.

Contacts.google.com for Android phones (or Use MS Outlook etc).

Gozit

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

There is a very easy way to transfer information and that is to use a Cloud service to store your Contacts etc. Google, iCloud etc will keep them on your account.

Import your contacts into the respective service, login to the account, and you're done.

Contacts.google.com for Android phones (or Use MS Outlook etc).
+1. Just use Google contacts on the web on your MBP to import the vcf file, then sync your google account to your S6. Problem solved. And your contacts stay synced. I am using google contact sync on an iPhone actually at the moment.

dfleary

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site

Does Google work to transfer notes too? Does it maintain your playlists, or do they have to be set up all over again? Is it easy to constantly keep your contacts, notes, music & pictures synchronized with the Galaxy S6 Edge, or is it such a pain that I would rarely do it?

I currently have a MacBook Pro with an iPhone 5s, and love the way I can so effortlessly sync my music, playlists, notes, audiobooks and contacts, without worry. HOWEVER, I would love to switch go a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge rather than a newer iPhone. The only thing stopping me from switching is fear of loosing that effortless connectivity.

Oh, and I'd agree, neither Samsung nor Apple are going out of their way to form a committee to make it easy for cross-platform data transfer or synchronization, because they are direct competitors. Neither one is eager to share its programming and technology with the other. If you don't believe that, then you need to do a reality check. They are relying upon consumers like me who don't want to deal with all of the leaps and hurdles and apps that work half of the time when the barometric pressure is just right (until some phone or app update), and other laborious things in store if we mix vendors.

spamspamspam83

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue, Samsung have an update coming out shortly that will fix it though from what I've read.

Until then I'm using Airdrop and using the website to add files etc. Works perfectly and no need to upgrade or pay for it.

zerotu

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
i had this trouble to until i found my fix for my note 5.

on macbook go to "Go to folders" in ur go menu

then copy this "/System/Library/Extensions/ssuddrv.kext"

and delete that file.

i also deleted Kies.

hope this helps.

Umang Goel1

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem, I could not connect galaxy s6 edge to my Macbook Air. Android File Transfer showed the same statement as you stated above. What I did was connected the s6 edge using my galaxy s5 cable and it worked perfectly fine. I guess there is something wrong with samsung's "fast charging" cables.

Dercuboy

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

and delete that file.

i also deleted Kies.

hope this helps.

Registered just to post this. Was a little untrusting of a 1-post account telling me to delete stuff but this post worked for me. Was having the same "Try restarting" error as everyone here and followed these instructions and it worked straight away. Seems Kies breaks the Android file transfer app... nice one samsung!

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Android File Transfer doesn't seem to be compatible with the S6. If you want to transfer your iPhone or previous phone data, use the Switch program from Samsung. If you want to keep using a sync app, use Kies from Samsung.

I was under the impression that Kies has been replaced by Smart Switch...

Last edited:

Young Angus

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I JUST SOLVED THIS!!!

Very simple, my AFT didn't work so long as I had Samsung's Smart Switch installed as well. While I had Smart Switch installed, Smart Switch worked just fine but AFT didn't. Uninstalled Smart Switch and VOILA...AFT works like a charm :)

You've just got to make sure you click the "remove drivers" box when uninstalling Smart Switch, there must be some drivers with it that don't play nice with AFT. Anyway, get rid of Smart Switch all together and AFT will work just fine.

CHECK AND MATE :)

eagleusa77

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
I had this same problem, and I tried everything. Finally, I downloaded SideSync on my S6 from the Play Store, and for some reason when I open SideSync on my phone then my Mac and AFT (Android File Transfer) finally recognize my S6. Hopefully this helps someone.

I also tried SideSync on Mac and phone and it worked, and screen mirroring is cool but transfer rate is very slow. ( for 19 MB pdf was 5 min on SideSync, and only a few seconds on AFT) So I recommend trying SideSync on phone only, open it when S6 is connected to computer and it might help computer recognize your phone like it helped me.

Last edited:

penga89

May 5, 2014
Visit site

and delete that file.

i also deleted Kies.

hope this helps.

It works! Thank you guys.

Grig B

Apr 24, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem on my Samsung S6.

I had to install Samsung’s Smart Switch on my Mac. Then uninstall it with the remove drivers options selected. After that the messages on the S6 stopped popping up and AFT worked!

Stefan Aerts

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
THATS IT!!!
install smart switch and uninstall it with option "remove drivers" solved the problem.
All the other options didn't work for me.
And guys i only had the problem since
1)i updated the android version of my S6 edge to android 6.0.1.
2) installed sidesync

So its one of the 2 options,or both, that caused the ATF not working any more.

Rg,
Stefan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie