Wireless Charging Issues (S6 Edge + New Charger)

Eddie ortiz1

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem I recently received the s6 edge plus from Best Buy and it came with the Samsung wireless charging pad.it will not charge past 10 minutes without a problem charging.the problem is solved now after going to Samsung pay when I went to set up the account it asks to update. with the software update also had a system update. once it updated the Samsung pay and systems i had no problems with the wireless charger. I set it and it changed all night.. hope this helps

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I've tried 2 different samsung wireless chargers and both of them give me terrible charging. Why can't they just acknowledge this problem and fix it? There are so many people complaining of this problem that I've found by just doing a simple google search. I have yet to try the daydream option, but my problem doesn't start when my screen turns off. Either the charger starts flashing blue in the middle of the night for no reason or it keeps disconnecting and connecting. I would love to have my s6 Edge actually work with wireless charging. Any advice?

illPhever

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Like others mentioned previously in this thread, my problem was fixed when the Samsung Pay update was pushed out to my phone. I am on Sprint.

Daydream worked, too, but that's not really a fix.

2015-10-03 12.18.57.jpg

illPhever

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
How do I know if I got this update or if I even have this on my phone?

You can go to your settings and select "About device" and see what Software Version you have. The version of my update is in the screenprint. You might also try going to "System Update" and selecting Update Now -- but that didn't work for me. It just got pushed out on its own and one morning about a week ago I was notified of a system update.

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't look like I have that version. I can't seem to find any info by searching on when I will get it either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-09-13-32-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-10-09-13-32-37.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 14

Deborah Young1

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
My new phone never worked. It would start initially but would stop after a couple minutes. I took my charger back to best buy and got a new one. I had them test it so the cashier put her galaxy s6 on it and it charged and we wait 15 minutes and it continue to charge. She put my phone on it and it started and after a couple minutes it stopped. The phone guy at best buy said it was a known issue that samsung was going to send out a patch for it. He told me to turn off my phone and try it but it still did not work. Im still looking for that patch be ause after a month my phone still dont charge on the pad.

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Any info on when the 925F will get it in the US? I would love to use wireless charging. I am currently trying to figure out if I should take my second charging pad back or waiting until I get the patch. If I never get the fix though it will be wasted money on this charger since I won't be able to take it back anymore.

ba1dwin

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Wondering if any body else has been experiencing this and has come across a solution. When I put the S6 Edge on the charging pad (new one that came with the phone at Best Buy) it either works without issue 25% of the time, or the phone will say wireless charging paused after about 30 seconds and then the charging pad will flash 75% of the time. I am being sure to place the phone centered on the pad and on its back. Sometimes it will happen so many times in a row that I try unplugging the pad and restarting the phone and then it works, but I do not want to have to do this every time.

It's the cable. I went through the same issues along with fast charging not always working. After troubleshooting wireless charging it all led back to the oem cable which came in the box. I tried the daydream, edge clock, etc. Tricks but it would only work for a day at most or not truly charge the phone. Today I went through multiple chargers and cables noticing some combos would work fine and others wouldn't. Eventually found it was the oem cable (also crappy little China USB plugs... Plug needs at least 5v 1Ah aka 1000mAh= 5watts for wireless and 5v 2Ah = 10watts for fast charging aka iPad or S6 oem wall plug) ...it will state power output on plug). Once I used another good quality cable all issues stopped and fast charging worked every time I plugged it in.

Also of note for people who think the day dream or edge clock fixes the problem... while it may not beep at you anymore, take note of the red led indicator for charging and many will see it constantly turning off and on even though the screen stays black or in dream mode. This is hindering the phone from charging and is why some people complain that their phone is either dead in the morning or hasn't charged at all over night. To me, it seems like Samsung just patched the phone in an OS update to not beep at people and masked the issue of hardware needing replacement but that's not confirmed.

Anyway, if you're like me and nothing like daydream or other solutions worked for you also, then try a different cable... Took many steps to find such a simple solution.

Cheers

mike7711

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone, just want to let you know that I fixed this issue by plugging the ac adapter directly into the wall outlet and not through a power bar. Once I did this the wireless charger worked fine with my galaxy note 5. No issues at all now and no need for any daydreamer fix etc. I've tried with both the new fast adaptive ac charger that came with the note 5 and also with the regular ac charger that came with the note 3 (with the new samsung galaxy fast adaptive wireless charger). Hope this helps some people out! Mike

Colsey

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Wondering if any body else has been experiencing this and has come across a solution. When I put the S6 Edge on the charging pad (new one that came with the phone at Best Buy) it either works without issue 25% of the time, or the phone will say wireless charging paused after about 30 seconds and then the charging pad will flash 75% of the time. I am being sure to place the phone centered on the pad and on its back. Sometimes it will happen so many times in a row that I try unplugging the pad and restarting the phone and then it works, but I do not want to have to do this every time.

I've found that if I use the plug charger that came with the phone (the fast charger ) it works fine.

If I try and use any other mini usb / plug for the pad, it keeps pausing wireless charging when the phone goes to sleep.

Maciel Louren?o

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It's the cable. I went through the same issues along with fast charging not always working. After troubleshooting wireless charging it all led back to the oem cable which came in the box. I tried the daydream, edge clock, etc. Tricks but it would only work for a day at most or not truly charge the phone. Today I went through multiple chargers and cables noticing some combos would work fine and others wouldn't. Eventually found it was the oem cable (also crappy little China USB plugs... Plug needs at least 5v 1Ah aka 1000mAh= 5watts for wireless and 5v 2Ah = 10watts for fast charging aka iPad or S6 oem wall plug) ...it will state power output on plug). Once I used another good quality cable all issues stopped and fast charging worked every time I plugged it in.

Also of note for people who think the day dream or edge clock fixes the problem... while it may not beep at you anymore, take note of the red led indicator for charging and many will see it constantly turning off and on even though the screen stays black or in dream mode. This is hindering the phone from charging and is why some people complain that their phone is either dead in the morning or hasn't charged at all over night. To me, it seems like Samsung just patched the phone in an OS update to not beep at people and masked the issue of hardware needing replacement but that's not confirmed.

Anyway, if you're like me and nothing like daydream or other solutions worked for you also, then try a different cable... Took many steps to find such a simple solution.

Cheers

You are right. The original usb cable which come with the wireless charger didn't work with my S6 Edge, so i tried with many diferet cables and in the end it worked with one of them. Another test i performed was related with the AC adapter, if using the original Samsung AC adpter that come with my S6 Edge the wireless charger woks fine independently of the used cable but if i change the AC adapter to another one, the wireless charger stops working. In the end i think is important to have a good USB cable and also a good AC adapter. My advice is to test what is the best combination for each one.

Maciel Louren?o

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site

Cheers

You are right. The original usb cable which come with the wireless charger didn't work with my S6 Edge, so i tried with many diferet cables and in the end it worked with one of them. Another test i performed was related with the AC adapter, if using the original Samsung AC adpter that come with my S6 Edge the wireless charger woks fine independently of the used cable but if i change the AC adapter to another one, the wireless charger stops working. In the end i think is important to have a good USB cable and also a good AC adapter. My advice is to test what is the best combination for each one.

DoubleD174

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Well it seems I am the ONLY person on all of the internet who is having this kind of problem with a Verizon Wireless Charger and the S6 Edge+. Friday of last week, the wife and I got the S6 Edge+, two wireless chargers, and 2 cases from Verizon, all the same everything.

My wife's phone has zero issues.

My phone; when placed on the wireless charger starts to charge, but then every percent it charges the phone turns on, beeps like I placed it down again and shuts off... it does this all the way to 100%, then stays off. It does this with or without the case on. I also swapped phones in other chargers and the wife's phone works fine in my charger and mine still acts stupid in her.

I reset my phone to factory thinking I messed something up and it still does it. Tried rebooting it and placing it again, same outcome. Going to take the phone back to Verizon today and ask WTF. Sounds a bit like a S6 Edge+ issue.

DoubleD174

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm having similar issues. I bought me and my wife the S6 Edge Plus and the wireless chargers. Mine charges on both docks and her's doesn't charge on either. On mine it charges a little longer before it quits, but still won't charge all the way and does beep a couple times. Now mine also seems to over heat while I'm using it and the battery drains quite quickly. The worst 70 bucks I ever spent. I wish I had waited to upgrade and got the free wireless chargers.