Wireless Charging Issues (S6 Edge + New Charger)

ChristyWaty

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out. Silly. If I put my S6Edge on the mat with the camera lens on the mat too, it is propping it up ever so slightly. Then, it stays charging. How ridiculous is that! But it does the trick!

I do take the case off.

(I have a Duracell Powermat 2-phone charger.)

bryski

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issues. Just found a solution in this forum actually.

I have numerous cables from owning various Samsung and HTC phones. I had a thinner USB cable connected to the wall plug and wireless pad. It works fine for my Wife's S6 Edge but not for my S6+ Edge. I changed the cable to the one which comes with the 6+, which is a thicker cable, and lo and behold it started working again.

Try using a different cable or the one that came with your phone charger originally...........It worked for me so hopefully will work for you! If not, hope you get it to work.

Aeeon

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So just got the Note7 and looking forward to wireless charging but nope, technology problems \o/

So I purchased the charger on eBay for cheap, but not sure if this is legit or not. So I've included pictures. Basically get the same problem everyone else is mentioning. Constantly charging then not for no reason using official wires and power brick. I can't find a daydream setting and only once got it to continually charge but can't replicate it. Moved it to my bedroom and seemed to work okay then the same problem again came up. Now I've plugged the wireless charger into my PC and it seems to work just fine. I don't understand this because if it's plugged into my PC it's not going to "Fast" charge, it will charge normally right? Then to top it all off it's plugged into my PC but unable to transfer data between the two. Not sure why the images are sideways they were taken right side up.

4bc34db496.jpg

83bb98aa86.jpg

Last edited:

Seh6183

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
So just got the Note7 and looking forward to wireless charging but nope, technology problems \o/

So I purchased the charger on eBay for cheap, but not sure if this is legit or not. So I've included pictures. Basically get the same problem everyone else is mentioning. Constantly charging then not for no reason using official wires and power brick. I can't find a daydream setting and only once got it to continually charge but can't replicate it. Moved it to my bedroom and seemed to work okay then the same problem again came up. Now I've plugged the wireless charger into my PC and it seems to work just fine. I don't understand this because if it's plugged into my PC it's not going to "Fast" charge, it will charge normally right? Then to top it all off it's plugged into my PC but unable to transfer data between the two. Not sure why the images are sideways they were taken right side up.

https://puu.sh/qOJbW/4bc34db496.jpg
http://puu.sh/qOJjy/83bb98aa86.jpg

Settings > display > screen saver. Choose any and the Samsung chargers will start working properly. My advice is to sell those pieces of junk and get a fast charger off Amazon for half the price. Samsung cannot do wireless chargers or autocorrect.

booch211

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Galaxy S6 running Marshmallow. I tried every suggestion on this page linked to below, including a phone reset. That still didn't solve it. I don't think it's an app that's causing this, because sometimes it won't charge when powered off.
How to troubleshoot Samsung Galaxy S7 slow charging issue

I found that dismissing any notifications on the lock screen stops the wireless charging from pausing. I also have the Screensaver set to off. If a new lock screen notification comes in, it will sometimes pause charging, sometimes it won't.

Seh6183

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Galaxy S6 running Marshmallow. I tried every suggestion on this page linked to below, including a phone reset. That still didn't solve it. I don't think it's an app that's causing this, because sometimes it won't charge when powered off.
How to troubleshoot Samsung Galaxy S7 slow charging issue

I found that dismissing any notifications on the lock screen stops the wireless charging from pausing. I also have the Screensaver set to off. If a new lock screen notification comes in, it will sometimes pause charging, sometimes it won't.

Please read the post directly before yours where I provide a workaround. That is the only thing that will work with that charger and nothing else.

booch211

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I followed your suggestion. It didn't help.

What finally worked for me was to replace the USB cable that came with the charging pad, with the one that came with the phone. Now wireless charging works perfectly 100% of the time.

jderekg

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
I have been dealing with the same problem. When I use any other charger other than the original Samsung (its larger than most with Samsung printed on it) it keeps pausing. No more problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21