I'm returning the S6 edge

islanddude

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I love my S6 edge (64gb, white), but I'm returning it because of something Verizon did. The feature to "Enable Web Sign In" using the finger print scanner has been removed by Verizon. It's available on the AT&T version so I might switch, but I like Verizon and I hate to switch carriers over a phone feature and I don't want to get locked into a two year contract. Also, the phone just feels weird and slippery; the buttons are in the wrong place and they're too easy to unintensionally activate. To make my point, after I packed it up for the return I heard the phone start up; the side of the box had enough pressure to turn it on!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion it doesn't sound like you loved it too much -- which would warrant me to say returning it is a good idea for you. You have to get a phone that works for you. Unfortunately though if you want Verizon you have to deal with them tweaking phones how they see fit. They're one of the worst offenders on this matter.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I love my S6 edge (64gb, white), but I'm returning it because of something Verizon did. The feature to "Enable Web Sign In" using the finger print scanner has been removed by Verizon. It's available on the AT&T version so I might switch, but I like Verizon and I hate to switch carriers over a phone feature and I don't want to get locked into a two year contract. Also, the phone just feels weird and slippery; the buttons are in the wrong place and they're too easy to unintensionally activate. To make my point, after I packed it up for the return I heard the phone start up; the side of the box had enough pressure to turn it on!
That's unfortunate that you didn't like the device. Keep us posted on what you are going to get and which carrier you sign on with. Let us know if you have any questions.

nikitathedog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Dont quote me onbthis but I think you can link the finger orint button to a web page that needs user name and password and instead of doing that you can swipe your finger instead. I think you link the button by filling in the login and password for tour website you want.

Verizon is funny like that. They believe they know better than their customers and try to protect you from yourself. Say if you loose the phone and someone managed to get into the phone now they may have access to other information.

They had the same issue with google wallet which is why at one point they disabled it from their phones.

Thanks big brother.

But they do have the best coverage for where I have been and go.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I was looking forward to that feature as well but if you use Chrome you can already have all your username and passwords saved so I probably wouldn't have ended up using it.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking it might be possible to get the stock browser in the future. I mean can't someone just distribute the apk that has it?

islanddude

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
When I returned the S6 edge I picked up the regular S6. It feels way better to hold and I don't have to give up screen space for the groovy/pointless curves; which, by the way, are horrible which reflections.

Growing up we always has curved screen TVs. When the flat screen came out it forever changed the standard because it's better; less glare, etc. Regardless of the software features, the hardware profile of the S6 Flat is great. It's a keeper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair