Screen Defect - "Bubble" under glass [Pic]

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Took me awhile to get this to show up in any pictures. It's only visible in certain lighting conditions.

20150414_184435.jpg

The glass is flawless, however there appears to be a "bubble" or a ripple between the glass and AMOLED panel. There are also smaller places above the big ripple toward the top edge. I've had the phone a few days and just noticed this yesterday.

I've been debating exchanging it at Best Buy. I told myself it's barely noticeable and I don't want the hassle of driving there and moving data/settings... but I also don't want it to get worse... and much like a scratch on a new car I now know it's there and keep looking at it.

Thoughts? Am I a crazy person with OCD if I exchange it?

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
That definitely looks like a defect. The fact of knowing its there would bother me, along with will it or will it not get worse later, how much you paid for it, etc... I would exchange it for all those reasons especially if you haven't bought insurance. Of course I'm OCD that way, even looking at your pic and seeing a small white dot one half an inch towards the right of the ripple bothers me. :)

Mr_Bugman

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I visited Best Buy earlier. They were very nice about it but did not have a replacement in stock. They offered to call me as soon as they did to swap it out.

The Best Buy Mobile manager commented that they've been exchanging S6s several times a day for defects. This is the first time I've ever had these build quality issues. The first S6 I opened at Best Buy on the 10th had a piece of plastic sticking out next to the power button that wouldn't budge. Now this with the screen...

Hope these aren't widespread issues. I absolutely love the phone aside from these little annoyances.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781