HD Voice/LTE-A support

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I had read in another thread that the S6 Edge does *not* support LTE-A on AT&T -- but I was wondering if someone with this phone can confirm or deny that.

I didn't find a thread as to whether it supports HD voice--but I assume it does. Can anyone confirm? I tried a search on this but didn't turn up anything--apologies if I missed a thread.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I had read in another thread that the S6 Edge does *not* support LTE-A on AT&T -- but I was wondering if someone with this phone can confirm or deny that.

I didn't find a thread as to whether it supports HD voice--but I assume it does. Can anyone confirm? I tried a search on this but didn't turn up anything--apologies if I missed a thread.

I don't believe it supports LTE-A but it does support HD voice where available.

barkomatic

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe it supports LTE-A but it does support HD voice where available.
Thanks for responding and it turns out I can verify you're correct. I reached out to AT&T and they actually didn't know but suggested I contact Samsumg -- which I did. The S6 Edge will not support LTE-A on AT&T according to the rep I chatted with. Darn.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I remember the first time I called another T-Mo customer and we had an HD call. (A year or so ago with a different phone at the time.) We were both caught so off guard by how clear it was that the conversation came to halt until we figured out what was going on.

Just talked to another friend on T-Mo with my Edge the other day and it was an HD call. Sounded wonderful again. Definitely a nice feature that is hard to appreciate until you actually hear it in action.