Neat wallpaper feature

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I know someone else has mentioned this, but i just saw it for the first time. I have wallpaper of a road at a plantation in Savannah Georgia. I am attaching a screenshot. The wallpaper moves as you tilt and tip the phone.

Whats so neat about this is that there is a fence halfway down the road. Its covered up by icons, by tilting the phone I can look "behind" the icons and see the fence. Very 3D type effect. The attachment doesn't really do justice to how nice the picture really is with the road and all the spanish moss hanging from the trees. My main page has the weather widget with a transparent background and nothing else.

[ATTScreenshot_2015-04-16-18-07-28.jpgACH=CONFIG]172074[/ATTACH]

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So why are some people reacting like it's the second coming of Jesus?
You mean just like the Apple fans did? ;)
If you don't live in both ecosystems or only live with the basic apps your phone comes with, sometimes these things are surprising to a user.

ibuyufo

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
You mean just like the Apple fans did? ;)
If you don't live in both ecosystems or only live with the basic apps your phone comes with, sometimes these things are surprising to a user.

I figured people would be more informed and maybe I'm going off on the far end, but I would have presumed they would have done their research on what's out there. After all, information is power. :D

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I figured people would be more informed and maybe I'm going off on the far end, but I would have presumed they would have done their research on what's out there. After all, information is power. :D
You give the general population far too much credit. :)

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say it was the second coming (or in my world the first), only that I had never noticed it before and thought it was 'neat.'

Sheesh.

75% of all smart phone features were stolen from Palm. 87% of all statistics are made up on the the spot.

Posted via the Android Central App

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jaltman. I looked under wallpaper options but didn't see how to do this.

There is nothing to do, it just does it. Pick a wallpaper, like mine above, that you'll be able to notice the movement, and just tip the phone around and forth and back. My photo of Wormsloe Plantation just works well with it due to the placement of the fence on either side of the road.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
To be fair to the OP this is a very minor feature and not one many articles emphasized, so it's perfectly possible to have done due diligence and not have taken note of it. I like it too.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had not used wallpapers that did what the OP mentioned before and never used wallpapers on my prior iphones. That said, knowledge is power and that is why Android Central is a powerful tool for everyone. We share a wealth of information with one another, and you get what you give in return.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a work provided iPhone, a personal iPad and have always used android phones for personals (most recently the GS4 and GS5) and I just noticed this feature on my Edge. I thought it was a pretty neat feature. Inititally thought my eyes were playing tricks on me until I asked others to have a look-see...their reaction was no different, thought it was pretty neat. Nothing groundbreaking...just a subtle touch of eye candy. Big deal if the OP didn't know. I personally think it's better to find lil easter eggs like these throughout the 'getting to know' phase of your device on your own than to be 1337 from having read every single detail of the device from blog posts and/or reviews, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non