Dual Charge??

Sean Pham

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just got my wireless charger in today. Was doing some charge time comparisons with the normal, quick, and wireless charge. That's when I noticed that when I put down the S6 Edge on the wireless charge pad while hooked up to the quick charger, the charge light on the pad turned on. So I am now wondering if I can charge my phone with the wireless charger and micro USB port. Is it possible?? Checked it a few times and to me it does feel faster or I might not be used to quick charge?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The light on the pad goes on when the receiver gets near the pad. Since you're putting 2 5 Volt sources in parallel, unless both of them are exactly the same voltage (down to 20 decimal digits or so), one of them (the wireless receiver or the wired charger) will be drawing current from the other. Since neither one is designed to draw current through its 5 Volt side, that's not a good idea. (It's definitely not going to charge th phone faster - it may burn out the charger or the wireless receiver.)

Sean Pham

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
The light on the pad goes on when the receiver gets near the pad. Since you're putting 2 5 Volt sources in parallel, unless both of them are exactly the same voltage (down to 20 decimal digits or so), one of them (the wireless receiver or the wired charger) will be drawing current from the other. Since neither one is designed to draw current through its 5 Volt side, that's not a good idea. (It's definitely not going to charge th phone faster - it may burn out the charger or the wireless receiver.)

Okay now that you've officially spooked me i'll never do that again haha. Ty for clarifying this for me before I did something idiotic and blew up my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison