Hand wave feature when screen is in sleep mode?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

It seems that Samsung was trying to simplify things with the S6, given the general complaints of too many unwanted "features" on past devices, but unfortunately they also seemed to throw out some good features as well.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Update: Silly me, the "hand wave gesture" feature does work. You can find it under Accessibility---> Dexterity and Interaction ---> Gesture Wake Up.

One of my favorite features that allow you to turn on the screen just by waving your greasy hand across to see notications, time, etc. without touching anything.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I do wonder if it will ever be possible to add it back. I noticed that in the Samsung store they allow you to download different camera modes. Think this is great on their part. Trimmed the fat in the camera app so it is no longer a mess but allowing folks to download those extraneous camera modes if they like.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Update: Silly me, the "hand wave gesture" feature does work. You can find it under Accessibility---> Dexterity and Interaction ---> Gesture Wake Up.

One of my favorite features that allow you to turn on the screen just by waving your greasy hand across to see notications, time, etc. without touching anything.

Good eye ! Does this lead to a lot of accidental wake-ups though? Would be nervous using this with a phone that already has so-so battery life

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Good eye ! Does this lead to a lot of accidental wake-ups though? Would be nervous using this with a phone that already has so-so battery life
Thanks. You can try for a few days, and can always disable it. For me, it never wakes up accidentally as I think it only works when the device is laying flat as opposed to in a pocket.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1