Hiding Gallery Albums ?

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S6 Edge for about 2 weeks now and have loved every moment of its ownership.

I came from a HTC M8 where I could go into the gallery and hide albums from not being seen !? After transferring everything from my M8 to the S6 I for the life me cannot hide any albums. Of course each time a friend or buddy wants to see my new phone I'm so paranoid of them going into the gallery to see " pictures " they shouldn't be seeing !?

Is it me os there no way to hide this unlike my old M8 you can just click a tab here or there and its hidden ?? Oh by the way don't bother asking what pictures wink wink !??!

Thanks in advance !

Kyle Tate

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Great question! I remember first learning how to do that on the S4 by holding down the picture that would bring up a menu where you would select pictures and then in another menu you would "hide" them. I did this for my fiancé's engagement ring,, we did it so that her kids would not look through my camera and see it until we are ready to tell them. This is a great example of "an annoying problem... that doesn't have to be that way".

I'm going to post it under that thread and see if somebody comes up with the answer

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I haven't tried Private mode yet, but as far as hiding photos I use an app called QuickPic to replace the default Gallery app. In QuickPic, you can choose folders to exclude from appearing in the app. Works like a charm - might be a great option if Private mode doesn't work out.

Posted via the Android Central App

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Here you go man:

How to hide pictures and more in Private mode on the Galaxy S5 - AndroidPIT

I looked on the S6 at the bottom of the settings and it is there. Knock yourself out! Not literally.

You are the man !!! I'm very grateful for your assistance !

I was able to get all the needed pictures to Private though for some odd reason the Private Album is still grouped with the other albums and its still showing a ummmmm private picture as the album cover haaa !! At least not I won't have to worry about friends snooping and seeing they really shouldnt be !!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can always rename a folder (an "album" is a folder) with a dot in front, so MyPictures becomes .MyPictures - that album won't show in Gallery. Or you can put a file named .nomedia (it doesn't matter if there's anything in the file) in a folder you don't want to show. (QuickPic does hide folders more easily, though.)

Nex2knotN

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried Private mode yet, but as far as hiding photos I use an app called QuickPic to replace the default Gallery app. In QuickPic, you can choose folders to exclude from appearing in the app. Works like a charm - might be a great option if Private mode doesn't work out.

Posted via the Android Central App

I use QuickPic this way in addition I lock the App (Pin the Window) so anyone I hand the phone over to can't use any other functions outside of QuickPic without me unlocking it. Great built-in feature.

mydogKlaus

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
You can always rename a folder (an "album" is a folder) with a dot in front, so MyPictures becomes .MyPictures - that album won't show in Gallery. Or you can put a file named .nomedia (it doesn't matter if there's anything in the file) in a folder you don't want to show. (QuickPic does hide folders more easily, though.)

I have done this on my S3, but found that it doesn't behave like a gallery. You can't scroll through the pics. Any fix for this?

Jarod Munoz

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
You are the man !!! I'm very grateful for your assistance !

I was able to get all the needed pictures to Private though for some odd reason the Private Album is still grouped with the other albums and its still showing a ummmmm private picture as the album cover haaa !! At least not I won't have to worry about friends snooping and seeing they really shouldnt be !!!

After you selected what you want to put into private mode, don't forget to go back to the private mode setting to turn it off so everything will lock up and be hidden from view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463