High android system use

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else run into this issue? The first picture is from today and the second is from 3 days ago. I had excellent battery life before. Didn't change anything other than updating some apps (of course now I don't recall which ones).

*Edit* I'm right around 2 hours screen time. That's actually not bad right?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1810.jpg
    1810.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 1691.jpg
    1691.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 123

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are some apps that are using different percentages now then they were then (orr your mobile network signal just went dead). It would have helped us to figure it out if we had seen which apps were drawing what percent in both shots.

About all I can say now is to check which app is using all that power and check the cellular network strength and the Awake line.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had 4G all day. How would I go about finding out which app it is? Forgive my ignorance, usually I just put up with whatever battery life I get lol.

Posted via the Android Central App on my S6 Edge

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had 4G all day. How would I go about finding out which app it is? Forgive my ignorance, usually I just put up with whatever battery life I get lol.

Now that our Galaxy S6/edge for some unknown reason doesn't have the Battery graph anymore where we can see how the phone behaves and for how long it's been kept awake, I think it's a most to install something like GSAM battery Monitor and when this thing occurs you can go deeper into what exactly and what app is causing the phone to stay awake and draining your battery.

Install that give it a full charge and go from there, then post screenshots of the most important things so we can see them and try to help you.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'll try install that tonight and report back after work and the gym tomorrow.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So these are my results thus far today (it's 1900 and I unplugged at 0500). I took a screenshot of everything I could think of that could help.

Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-55-25.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-55-42.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-55-59.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-56-05.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-56-14.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-56-20.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-56-28.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-56-33.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-56-45.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-20-18-56-54.jpg

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My apologies, all set. I haven't plugged in yet in case I missed anything.

Screen on time is a little over 2 hours and phone calls are over an hour.

A lot better now. Well, your Android System and Facebook usage are way too high, Android System may be Location (GPS) turned on and maybe in highest battery usage, you tell us.. for that besides maybe some unusual usage during this past couple of days, like a lot of pictures or videos or still settings things around on the phone, so if nothing like that I'd suggest to wipe cache partition on recovery mode, if not maybe a Wipe data/full reset.

Obviously your Facebook app usage is high but if that's the way you use it then there's nothing else to do there.

It doesn't nt look too bad or different, I think that finding the Android system usage may solve your issue.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply...GPS is off, I will try a cache wipe. I did take nearly 80 photos over the weekend. Not sure why cell standby is high all of a sudden too..I have 4G everywhere I go.

nikitathedog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I neutered the setting in Facebook which was asking for all sorts of reasons to be on. I cut those back in my settings and now that is not a problem at all. Check your settings.

Also you wouldn't believe the amount of apps you pro ably downloaded that as to send notifications, ask to report your location, ask to get updates or check status.

Most I found to be a pain as who cares and stop popping up on the screen. I don't need those notifications.

I thinking I have all mine pared down but I'm sure there are some lurkers out there.

nikitathedog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Also see one of the other threads about the wifi. I went through several locations shutting wifi access off. I think that has a lot to do with cell phone stand by. Today I'm at work and I did not connect the wifi here and actually on 3g and have zero standby. At home it auto goes on wifi. Now tonight I will verify but I bet I'll have stand by on the battery.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that wifi trick and see what it does. I also noticed that my facebook app no longer had a setting to change the refresh interval so I downgraded to a different version to get that back and see if that does anything.

Nozzles Brewin

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Also see one of the other threads about the wifi. I went through several locations shutting wifi access off. I think that has a lot to do with cell phone stand by. Today I'm at work and I did not connect the wifi here and actually on 3g and have zero standby. At home it auto goes on wifi. Now tonight I will verify but I bet I'll have stand by on the battery.

Thanks! Tried that today and it worked! It got rid of both the android system usage as well as cell standby.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2