Fyi.. Do a factory reset!

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Giving everybody a heads up. I did a factory reset because I had calls dropping in the middle of conversations. I am not sure if the factory reset helped with that, however I have not had a call dropped but I've only had one or two calls. What I have noticed is that the phone is astronomically faster, the transitions astronomically smoother and most of all.. The battery life is astronomically longer. Just do a factory reset, I believe it will help everything!

Posted via the Android Central App

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
are the two different types of factory reset the same?

one from the settings menu -and- the other with volume up/home/button/power?

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, I did the factory data reset from the settings menu.. I'm on Verizon..

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I did a factory reset with the recovery mode (vol up/power/home) and it seems to have definitely fixed some issues I was having with everything feeling laggy. But the battery is still only so-so.

jdtruong

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I also did a factory reset via Recovery Mode to try and address the battery and Cell Standby eating up 30-40 percent. Doesn't seem to have helped. I did test on my phone by turning off wifi and running strictly on 4G and it was better. I'm on Verizon.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if any Verizon people with S6 Edge are getting good battery life and not getting cel standby problem? of course without having to manually keep adjusting on and off the wifi....

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
That's a whole lot of astronomy. :p. Glad to hear your having success. Will keep this in mind when I get mine.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The factory reset got rid of "cell standby" all together..

you did factory reset from the menu...and then afterwards...you updated the samsung push services? and now you're battery is all good?

do you have your wifi on all the time? or do you turn off when out and about?

Last edited:

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Battery has been stellar for me on the edge since I got the phone! Check out these screen shots. This is all with the cell standby at an all time high for me since I've had the edge. Once they figure out this bug, battery life on this phone should be nothing short of outstanding! I did a factory reset three times in a row before setting up the phone. Then disabled a bunch of worthless apps. Auto brightness is usually always on. Wifi is always on. This is what I've been getting. Not too shabby if you ask me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-50.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-55.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-09-59.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-10-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-19-10-04.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 120

swingarm

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I did 3 factory resets(recovery mode), I was only going to do 2 but after the second one apps began to crash on me and the 3rd reset fixed that. I can't say if the resets improved my S6 since I did them almost right away after receiving it. Right now I'm getting way better battery life then I expected.

Screenshot_2015-04-23-21-54-56.jpg
Screenshot_2015-04-23-21-55-04.jpg

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Battery has been stellar for me on the edge since I got the phone! Check out these screen shots. This is all with the cell standby at an all time high for me since I've had the edge. Once they figure out this bug, battery life on this phone should be nothing short of outstanding! I did a factory reset three times in a row before setting up the phone. Then disabled a bunch of worthless apps. Auto brightness is usually always on. Wifi is always on. This is what I've been getting. Not too shabby if you ask me

Wow do you have some absolutely phenomenal battery life!!!! That astronomical Cell standby is having no effect whatsoever on your battery life which is remarkable considering the drag it has on my S6, although I generally have less Cell standby than you (usually 40%+) but suffer from half of your battery life.

This post gives me hope for what will happen when Google fixes this for all of us!

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow do you have some absolutely phenomenal battery life!!!! That astronomical Cell standby is having no effect whatsoever on your battery life which is remarkable considering the drag it has on my S6, although I generally have less Cell standby than you (usually 40%+) but suffer from half of your battery life.

This post gives me hope for what will happen when Google fixes this for all of us!

Right?! I'm anxious to see the results after they fix this cell standby issue! I wasn't expecting this battery life when I switched from the redular s6 to the edge. I was getting absolutely terrible battery life with the s6, I didn't have high hopes for the edge being much better. To say I'm pleasantly surprised is an extreme understatement!

I'm also very glad my post has given you, and hopefully others, some hope for the future of this brilliant phone! As of right now they aren't all bad. And I really think it can only get better from here on out!

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Right?! I'm anxious to see the results after they fix this cell standby issue! I wasn't expecting this battery life when I switched from the redular s6 to the edge. I was getting absolutely terrible battery life with the s6, I didn't have high hopes for the edge being much better. To say I'm pleasantly surprised is an extreme understatement!

I'm also very glad my post has given you, and hopefully others, some hope for the future of this brilliant phone! As of right now they aren't all bad. And I really think it can only get better from here on out!

Just curious - Have you shut down many of the usual drain offenders - WiFi calling, VoLTE, Location Services, much of the Google syncing, etc.?

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Just curious - Have you shut down many of the usual drain offenders - WiFi calling, VoLTE, Location Services, much of the Google syncing, etc.?

Basically only shut down wifi always scanning. No wifi calling, as I'm on Verizon. I disabled advanced calling, or VoLTE if you will. I found the quality was garbage anyway because most people I talked to didn't have advanced calling so it just sounded crummy and I didn't wanna risk dropping calls. Didn't really do anything to battery life either way though. Location services are pretty much kept on the power saving option. I disabled a bunch of stock apps I don't use along with some Samsung stuff. I still have my Samsung account going though. I have my phone set on auto brightness the majority of the time. I set up greenify so I can make sure there's nothing I don't want running in the background from doing so. That's basically it. Can't think of anything else I did. Here are the apps I've disabled below. Hope this helps! My main advice would be to wipe data/cache from recovery. I did that three times in a row just to be sure everything was wiped properly, and its been fantastic ever since. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-26-23-31-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-23-31-02.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2015-04-26-23-31-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-23-31-08.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2015-04-26-23-31-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-26-23-31-14.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_2015-04-26-23-31-18.jpg