Galaxy s6 battery query

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I am making a new thread to directly ask about this image attached ? Is this normal. I was getting terrible battery life when first got phone. Done steps people give me about factory reset which helped couple days later i am getting weird battery again. Chexk the image is it normal google play services is taking so much battery usage?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 409.jpg
    409.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 65

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Google services includes updating apps, backing things up and a lot more. Android OS and Android system usually use more than Google services, but 15% for the first couple of weeks isn't unusual, just a bit high. Dropping the battery below 40% isn't such a great idea, though.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am making a new thread to directly ask about this image attached ? Is this normal. I was getting terrible battery life when first got phone. Done steps people give me about factory reset which helped couple days later i am getting weird battery again. Chexk the image is it normal google play services is taking so much battery usage?

Posted via the Android Central App

Did you get latest Google play services update? Check your version in Applications Manager, current version is 7.3.29, if you don't have it look here in the forum for a way to sideload it.

If you have latest version try force stopping it and Google service framework, I needed to do that to my Oneplus one for the past month as the Google Play services were draining my battery also. Doing the force stop fixed the issue at least until next reboot or some Google app updates.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Did you get latest Google play services update? Check your version in Applications Manager, current version is 7.3.29, if you don't have it look here in the forum for a way to sideload it.

If you have latest version try force stopping it and Google service framework, I needed to do that to my Oneplus one for the past month as the Google Play services were draining my battery also. Doing the force stop fixed the issue at least until next reboot or some Google app updates.

I have to say, the Google Play Services update seems to have slowed down its battery draining. But now, Android System is chugging away in its place.

Wondering if there was a real fix or if Google just changed the name of what was running a lot and put those things in the Android System "bucket". I'm watching my WiFi and my cell indicators and they run an awful lot, especially when the phone is off. And I have almost everything turned off at this point.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have to say, the Google Play Services update seems to have slowed down its battery draining. But now, Android System is chugging away in its place.

Wondering if there was a real fix or if Google just changed the name of what was running a lot and put those things in the Android System "bucket". I'm watching my WiFi and my cell indicators and they run an awful lot, especially when the phone is off. And I have almost everything turned off at this point.

Problem with Android System is that it literally is a bucket, I mean in there goes almost all Samsung Services, backup, sync and most of the features plus a lot of Android background services, the list is huge, so try to pinpoint an issue there has always been hard, but almost never needed as it usually is something temporary.

Check that you don't have backups or any sync failing and if not just leave it running normal and I think it should gets better soon without doing anything on your end.

kwiizu

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
For my part, I can't really keep it higher than 40% end of the day. My phone draining like 10% battery while I'm going to work and I'm only listning to music and sending some textmessages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12