YouTube not working

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Am i missing something here? My YouTube app will not work right. The audio plays but the video looks like the old fashion skinemax squiggles (if anybody here is old enough to remember what that looked like). It just doesn't look right. I've tried all types of different videos and I've tried them over 12 days or so. I've also cleared the cache and it did nothing.

Please help.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to clear cache and data on the youtube app?

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Then do the whole nine yards, go to applications manager and clear cache, data, force stop it, uninstall updates and disable, then go to the play store and look for the You tube app, it will show you the app and somehow will tell you that is disabled click enable and update it again, and go and see if that helps.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Okay i just tried all of that and it still looks the same. I've tried connected to wifi and not connected and that doesn't make a difference either.

Could it just be something wrong with my phone? Should i take it back?

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Okay i just tried all of that and it still looks the same. I've tried connected to wifi and not connected and that doesn't make a difference either.

Jeez, sounds that way. I haven't had any problems with you tube at all. Are you able to watch any video, like on the browser? Or if you film video?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Well, if you are within the 14 days and you have tried all the above, I'd definitely get a replacement. I'd say to try the things we have been recommending for the battery drain, like go to recovery menu and Wipe the cache Partition, then you may try, and if you are willing to do it, you can also do a Factory reset, but again, I don't blame if you don't like that idea just to be able to use Youtube, but no matter what you decide, a factory reset or get a replacement will make you redo all your settings and stuff, so I'd definitely try that first before getting a replacement.

Last edited:

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I've done the recovery menu cache wipe already when i had issues with my battery. Haven't done the factory reset. Really don't want to but you're right, whether i do that or get a new phone, I'll have to set everything up again. I guess I'll have to do the factory reset.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Do videos from other streaming sites, eg Dailymotion, look the same? As Orangemartini says, have you tried streaming through the browser and does that offer the same distortion?

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
It only does it with YouTube. It does it in the app, chrome, and Firefox. Every other streaming site works fine. Just did a factory reset and it's still the same. Very annoying.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
My 14 days is tomorrow but is this really possible? Can 1 phone just not work with YouTube but it's fine with everything else? I'm seriously considering just dealing with it. I just put a d brand skin on it and i hear they're a real pain to get off.

Raf

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's up to you to decide. For me the answer is obvious. To each his own. What I'm sure of is that Samsung and your carrier will appreciate you if you don't get it replaced.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Lol I'm not to worried about what they appreciate. I worried about what I'd appreciate. I use YouTube maybe once a month. It would be annoying not to have it but not nearly as annoying as it would be for others.

Just got done with sprint support and Samsung support. Samsung even remote accessed my device and couldn't tell me anything.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
You're paying the same big bucks as the rest of us, you should have a fully functional phone. Take it back! PIA, I know, but in the long run you'll be glad you did

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Just to finalize this thread. I went to the Sprint store and they needed to try and fix it themselves before they'd give me another one. They said it take a couple of hours so I left. My girlfriend is off today so she has it and is taking it up there to let them do their thing and hopefully get me a new one.

Thanks for all the help on this. I guess it was just a faulty phone.

Edit: So the drama continues. My girlfriend brought it to the store and the guy told her it's doing that because of the tower that it's using. He lives near where I live and says his S6 edge does it to. He said they're updating the tower and it'll be fixed by tomorrow. If not, bring it back again.... My girlfriend asked then why is nobody else complaining about it and he said that the die hard Samsung fans will just put up with it. I find that hard to believe since I'm sure I use Youtube less than the average person and when I thought about putting up with it, everybody I know and you guys on here basically called me an ***** (rightfully so).

She also said that he did something to it and Youtube would work inside the store but as soon as she left, it stopped. Does the tower story sound legitimate to you guys?

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just to finalize this thread. I went to the Sprint store and they needed to try and fix it themselves before they'd give me another one. They said it take a couple of hours so I left. My girlfriend is off today so she has it and is taking it up there to let them do their thing and hopefully get me a new one.

Thanks for all the help on this. I guess it was just a faulty phone.

Edit: So the drama continues. My girlfriend brought it to the store and the guy told her it's doing that because of the tower that it's using. He lives near where I live and says his S6 edge does it to. He said they're updating the tower and it'll be fixed by tomorrow. If not, bring it back again.... My girlfriend asked then why is nobody else complaining about it and he said that the die hard Samsung fans will just put up with it. I find that hard to believe since I'm sure I use Youtube less than the average person and when I thought about putting up with it, everybody I know and you guys on here basically called me an ***** (rightfully so).

She also said that he did something to it and Youtube would work inside the store but as soon as she left, it stopped. Does the tower story sound legitimate to you guys?

Total Salesperson BS...I don't know if you are connected via Wifi at home, so if you do then the following it's not even needed because basically you already have done it, but just turn off data, Connect via WIFi and try to see a video,, when you have the same issue, take a screenshot where it shows the distorted video and your wifi icon, then show it to that id**t. Only way this may be even possible is that you have never connected to wifi and try it, and indeed the signal can cause that, never heard of that, and then on the store he just connected to Wifi so it worked with wifi, and once you get back to data it did the same.

If all this is correct, then, and I repeat, then, it may be possible.

Nickanthony

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Yeah these people are full of bs. I've never had such a horrible experience with a cell phone store. Three times I've gone up there now and now they say they'll order me a replacement and I can come and get it switched over on Wednesday when they get it. So that'll be four times. They still don't understand anything that I'm saying and insist that it's a connection issue. They continue to tell me that they have issues sometimes as well. I asked well have you had an issue every single day 24 hours a day since you got the phone? That's no longer a connection issue.

I also told them that it doesn't work on Wi-Fi either and they still insisted it was a connection issue. I just turned mobile data off and connected to Wi-Fi which yielded the same results but I'm sure they'll yet again say it's simply a connection issue. The best part is that now they're telling me I'm passed my 14 day window to return it which just ended today. I almost screamed at the lady because the only reason I was up there today on day 15 was because her staff blew me off and told me everything was being fixed when I was up there on day 13 and 14. I insisted that they give me a new phone right there on the spot instead of making me come back up there in 5 days but the assistant store manager said she couldn't make that decision and I have to wait for the store manager to come up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol