Cosmetic flaw under the rear glass of my Gold Platinum Edge.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I finally got the Verizon 32 GB Gold Platinum Edge and when I was wiping it down to put the clear case on u noticed a a spec on the back. Tried to clean it off but then I noticed it was under the glass. I'm gonna take it to the Verizon store tomorrow but I know they won't have any in stock to trade me out.

Am I being too picky here? I mean this is a $700 phone and I know I will see this every time I look at the phone.

Also the camera lens looks to be off center, but I could live with that.

Attachments

• 20150422_183701-1-1.jpg
    20150422_183701-1-1.jpg
    655.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 20150422_183701-1.jpg
    20150422_183701-1.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you being too picky? No, it's a manufacturing defect. $30 phone or $700 phone, it shouldn't have left the factory.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
My camera lens isn't center either, I think most aren't. However if there was damage, even to the smallest degree, I'd return it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its like getting a new car, with a scratch on it. NO way would I accept it and I wouldn't accept a repair on the paint either since that is bodywork. I would get another unit.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Eh. I would keep it for something that small.

Nothing is perfect. If it bothers you, you have every right to exchange it but for me personally it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

That's a 1st world problem at its best. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, if you can handle knowing it is there..... But ....
I had the exact same blemish/bubble under the back glass w my black/blue and brought it back to T-Mobile just to show the rep and his manager. They both agreed it was not a "standard device" and offered to exchange with no restocking fee.
The replacement s6 is prefect. Store manager even told me "I'm lucky, this looks like a unit from the second or third batch"...

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I took my new gold 64gb Sprint phone out of the plastic and immediately noticed three flaws under the rear glass on the right side. Taking it back to exchange today.

tofu.

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Eh. I would keep it for something that small.

Nothing is perfect. If it bothers you, you have every right to exchange it but for me personally it wouldn't be a big deal at all.

That's a 1st world problem at its best. Lol

it's a problem when it comes time to resell it for a newer phone

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Camera offcenter is because its Optical Image stabilization camera and it wont stay center all the time. Its normal.
Yeah, I've found that mine switches spots based on how I have my phone positioned. I also think if you shake your phone you can kinda hear it moving.

w.daniels

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged my 64gb Gold edge ......home button was scratched and extrmemly , like overly clicky....you could hear me hit the home button from across the room and finger print sensor work 50% of the time...At&t overnighted me a replacement at no cost.........I felt I was being picky at first, but like you said, over 700 for a phone, we have a right to be....lol

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged my 64gb Gold edge ......home button was scratched and extrmemly , like overly clicky....you could hear me hit the home button from across the room and finger print sensor work 50% of the time...At&t overnighted me a replacement at no cost.........I felt I was being picky at first, but like you said, over 700 for a phone, we have a right to be....lol

I have had three different S6s and I noticed they all had some different feedback when I clicked the home button lol. And I swear one of them was subpar at reading my print. But you are right, this is the most expensive phone I have ever owned. I felt like I was being picky too but we should definitely be completely satisfied.

One was exchanged for an issue and the other because I changed my mind from the regular s6 to the edge.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I took my case off this afternoon to wipe away some fingerprints and noticed a very tiny square barcode thing down at the very bottom of the backside of the gold case. I'm thinking this was meant to be removed when Verizon set up my phone yesterday but wanted to be sure before I peel it away. Anyone know what it is?

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I took my case off this afternoon to wipe away some fingerprints and noticed a very tiny square barcode thing down at the very bottom of the backside of the gold case. I'm thinking this was meant to be removed when Verizon set up my phone yesterday but wanted to be sure before I peel it away. Anyone know what it is?

I believe Verizon can scan that and immediately get all the info from your phone (imei and so on) ... That's what I've been told.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
What is weird is when I got the S6, Verizon left the small square on the back of the S6, when I decided to echange it for the S6 edge, the guy took off the square off of the back of the S6 edge.

Granted he might have did it since I got the full body protection from Zagg and he may have taken it off to put the back protector on. Instead of having that sticker under the protector.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Haha I think you might be just a pit picky . My gold 32 edge seems perfect but I didn't use a magnification Glass haha . And I sure as hell not taking it back gold is to damn hard to find