Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Apps Bar App in Play Store

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
If you are interested in beginning to get some use for the edges, can you try this App, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=infamous.apps.appsbarfree ?

It seems that it's working for some Edge users but not for me, it's force closing every time I try to open it, I uninstalled it and tried it again and the same, so I gave up, but very curious about it and would like to know if it's my T-Mobile variant or if anybody with any version including others with T-mobile can make it to work.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are interested in beginning to get some use for the edges, can you try this App, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=infamous.apps.appsbarfree ?

It seems that it's working for some Edge users but not for me, it's force closing every time I try to open it, I uninstalled it and tried it again and the same, so I gave up, but very curious about it and would like to know if it's my T-Mobile variant or if anybody with any version including others with T-mobile can make it to work.

Everything works perfectly on my end. Thanks for sharing the app

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just a little update.

Mine doesn't work no matter what, I contacted the developer and he can't understand why, he even sent me a new version via email and still the same. I thought that it's maybe related to Nova Launcher, so I completely removed Nova and other related stuff, reboot and nothing, I removed a theme I just installed today and nothing, still crashes.

Then I went to my co-worker that had the same Edge with T-mobile also, she just have Touch Wiz but she has a custom Theme, she downloaded the app and it worked as expected, it's working great and now that I saw it in person, I want this...:'(

The ability to fit the bar to one of the edges and to customize it with whatever app and/or tool you want, it can even auto hide and you just swipe in to open it, in general, it deserves a 5 star ratings so far, at least in the phones that work. Other than the Nova Launcher, I can't think on anything different that this other phone may have as I was the one that has set everything for her, so I'm officially out of ideas right now.

BUT for those that would like to use that Edge screen with something unique and particular, get this app, it's very good.

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I decided that I wanted this so bad that I did a factory reset just to try it with a brand new system device, guess what, as soon as I set the basics, just wifi and Google account so I could download it from the Play Store, I tried it again, and still the same, so my phone is officially the first device that this app crashes with.

Just gave up.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its a bad device?

My phone has been working great since day 1, not a hiccup, 5.5-6 hours SoT, not a single Force Close on any other app, no, I don't think it's the device, when an app doesn't work, crashes, 99% of the time is software related, that's why I decided to Reset it, but who knows I may be that other 1%...anyways I won't be returning this phone because this app won't run on it, is a shame but it obviously doesn't worth it, just for this app.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Update. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app. Works fine now. Try that for those who can't get it to work.

I have done that about 6 or 7 times now and nothing, remember that I even did a Factory reset and the first thing I installed was this and still the same, that's when I gave up.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have done that about 6 or 7 times now and nothing, remember that I even did a Factory reset and the first thing I installed was this and still the same, that's when I gave up.

I must've got lucky. When it wouldn't work at first I gave up on it. If you can get it to work it's a nice app.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I decided that I wanted this so bad that I did a factory reset just to try it with a brand new system device, guess what, as soon as I set the basics, just wifi and Google account so I could download it from the Play Store, I tried it again, and still the same, so my phone is officially the first device that this app crashes with.

Just gave up.

Thanks for posting this erasat. Outstanding app for the edge!

Sux that it's not working for you for some reason and you even had to try a Factory Reset. Such a pain! Hopefully, your communication with the developer brings along a fix for the edges that mysteriously don't work with the App. Will be nice to have more Apps through time that take advantage of the edge features!

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had it for a few weeks but at times it doesn't work which I can't figure out ?? I basically have quit trying and will probably uninstall soon ?!

Sent from my S6 Edge using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18