Going to buy the edge in about an hour! Should i....

zhowland

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
first i need to check pixels and dead spots on screen, then make sure it will go -- and I, then do i need to do a factory reset after i get it or not? i know that i should drain battery to gone then up to 100%+30mins for the first 3 charges. Anything else to check on this glorious day!?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
first i need to check pixels and dead spots on screen, then make sure it will go -- and I, then do i need to do a factory reset after i get it or not? i know that i should drain battery to gone then up to 100%+30mins for the first 3 charges. Anything else to check on this glorious day!?

Once you turn it on for the first time don't set anything except Wifi, then skip the rest, not even Google Account, then see if you have an Update pending, depending on the carrier you may have, then Power off and enter in Recovery Mode and do the Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Data/Factory reset, then once you reboot set everything as you normally do.

Try reading the thread I created about 2 weeks ago with Tweaks and tricks and see the ones you may want, although I'd suggest to always turn off, Scanning Always Available and Smart Network, both in Wifi settings, plus if you have VoLTE and Wifi Calling (T-Mobile and Sprint) turn them off until you will use them. That and the normal Bloatware removal and Quick Toggles for your normal features usage should be enough.

I hope you enjoy it, good luck.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante