Fast charging not working.

Mary Evelyn

May 26, 2013
Visit site
My friend had the same issue with hers, and I was texting her trying to figure it out. Everything found just seemed to say make sure it's plugged in all the way. So I plugged mine in halfway into the block and plugged into my s6 and it said cable charging. Then pushed it all the way in still cable charging. Unplugged it a couple times still cable charging was like great I broke it. The. Came across a note 4 post guy was like unplug the block and disconnect the USB. Connect the usb into the block and them the block Into the wall then plug your phone in that ordsr and it'll work. I did it and my phone fast charger. No word on my friends lol I just bought her a wireless charging pad but seems its the blocks cause everythinf samsung posted "make sure it's plugged in all the way." I haven't had issues since and my phone fast charges screen on or off

This actually worked for me, too. I usually leave my block plugged up and pull the cord out when I get in my car. When my fast charging stopped, I was all set to buy a new cord and/or block, until I tried this.
1. Unplug block
2. Plug cord into block, firmly
3. Plug block back into wall.
4. Plug cord into phone.

I know your issue has been resolved, but I'm leaving this for anyone else, like myself, who has this issue.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an S7Edge just got a security update and my phone quit fast chargiung. I googled and came across this thread. I've checked plug tried other outlets other cables I have 3 fast adaptive chargers. But when I plug one into my fast wireless charging stand it says fast charging. But when I plug it in directly to my phone doesn't say fast and I have it switched to fast charging so I don't get it.

tengtengvn

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I have not 1 but 2 S7e. t-mobile US version.
After taking the update, the FC worked for a while and all of the sudden both phones stop working. I'm also having issue with the computer not recognizing MTP mode. This must be software problem because hardware problem can't happen at the same time with both phones.
It's not wires or adapters problem since I have access to multiple original and 3rd parties' cables \ adapters.

zosopage1963

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an old post but my issue is about the same.. this is my second S6 edge plus with the same problem. My first one was about a year old and stopped fast charging. My wife has a S6 and the fast charging worked using the same cord and plug, but on my phone, no luck. Reset phone, etc. Tmobile sent me a new phone, and the problem has come back after 6 months. Reset the phone and have NO apps other than what is originally installed. TMO believes it is an app issue, but this disproves that. Since the same cord and plug work on one phone, and not this one, I think it pretty much says that my phone is screwed, again... may need to just utilize my JUMP! option....

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Note 5 here (on AT&T).

So let me get this straight ... they include a special fast charging adapter, but ... you have to turn on a fast charging switch in order to get fast charging?

So what good is the special fast charging adapter if you need a switch on the phone to turn on fast charging?

I'm confoosed ....

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I've had my edge for a few days now and everything has worked fine. Today however, fast charging is not working. Just went to plug it in and it said six hours until fully charged. Thought it was just because it was at 6% and need some more power or something to start the fast charge? Doesn't seem so. I tried different wall outlets and it's still not fast charging. I am using the charger that came with the phone. It's charging so incredibly slow. Please excuse the way I wrote this, I'm incredibly tired.

Posted via the Android Central App

I know the thread's somewhat old, but I wanted to provide the solution I found working.
So the same happened (and still happens) to my GS6 Edge, but what I did simply was disabling the Fast charging in settings and then enabling it again. If that doesn't work, I do this disable/enable thing again and then the fast charging works just fine

Coolbreeze01

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
Hello All, I have the Samsung fast charge wireless pad and it doesn't fast charge with my s6 edge, but when I plug the charging cord the pad came with to my s6 edge the fast charge works. Any suggestions on how to get the pad to work.
P.S. The pad works with my wife's s7 edge

lowellg

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here. Tried everything in this thread. Bought multiple new samsung adaptive chargers and Samsung cables. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I did want to post that fast charging can be turned on/off. Go to device maintenance, battery, then tap the 3 vertical dots in upper right corner for advanced options/setting. That's where the switch is.

wonneil

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I did want to post that fast charging can be turned on/off. Go to device maintenance, battery, then tap the 3 vertical dots in upper right corner for advanced options/setting. That's where the switch is.

Thanks for that, having the same issue and typing in 'fast' in the search just brings up fast wireless charging lol
Unfortunately for me it was already switched to on ??????