Making the move from S3 to S6 Edge

captivedroid

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

For the past few years, I've been using Samsung Galaxy S3 w/ AT&T (Android 4.4.2 Build xxxUCUFNJ1).

This week I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, and hoping to switch to Cricket Wireless.

I would like to know the best way to transfer my apps and data from internal and external storage in my S3 to my new S6 Edge.

In addition, I would like to know whether I could transfer/install these apps and data BEFORE I activate my S6 Edge to Cricket Wireless.

I have Helium/Carbon with my iMac, and I would like to know how to do all these things without rooting my phone.

Thank you,
cD

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like all you need to do is install Samsung Smart Switch on both the S3 and then on your S6 (it'll prompt you to do it when you power up the S6). Once you have it installed open it on both phones, make the S6 the recieving phone, check everything you want switched from the S3, this includes the external SD card info and then hit begin. Let the magic begin, the app does all the work. Took about 2.5 hours to transfer mine but i had a huge amount of music to transfer from the SD. Don't forget though to first do an update to the OS when you power up. Power down the phone once updated and go into recovery mode and do a wipe of the cache and full reset first... then power on and proceed with the set up. No root is necessary.

Posted via the Android Central App