Reports on 5.1.1 update for S6 edge T-Mobile

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Before the Nexus line? Unlikely, but it doesn't mean that they won't skip straight to 5.1.1 over 5.1. That would be very interesting.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

There is a thread over XDA and I already read about it on a comment on an Article I was reading at my lunch break, so true or not I don't know, but at least that picture seems legit unless obviously my limited Photoshop skills doesn't allow me to see it different.

Last edited:

Lil21kev

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I saw this on another site as well. Tried updating but nothing yet. I read it brings guest mode to the phone... Hopefully some other performance tweaks as well

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems legit indeed, bad news for some is that according to this guy, the bootloader is now locked for T-mobile also, so no Root anymore, at least for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QehlPoP0X_0&feature=youtu.be

Yeah I'm inclined to believe it quite a bit more now after the video. That's really, really interesting. This may be the fix some of you are looking for as far as your battery goes.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, but if this is legitimate then Samsung is sending out an update that hasn't been tested. The build was compiled at 7:04PM Korea time last night.

I want to think they wouldn't do that.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Nexus Player got it. That's it. I'm not sure they'd let a Samsung phone get it before the Nexus 6.

I'm not sure Google actually cares what order devices get new software. If the build is ready and approved send it out.

Yeah I'm inclined to believe it quite a bit more now after the video. That's really, really interesting. This may be the fix some of you are looking for as far as your battery goes.

I'm also not sure new software will make a substantial difference one way or the other on battery life. Substantial = 15% or more IMO

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure Google actually cares what order devices get new software. If the build is ready and approved send it out.

I'm also not sure new software will make a substantial difference one way or the other on battery life. Substantial = 15% or more IMO

If you're getting cell standby drain, something affecting a myriad of Lollipop devices, it can. As far as whether or not Google cares, I doubt they do. It's just not common at all. Unless you're Moto, that is.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but if this is legitimate then Samsung is sending out an update that hasn't been tested. The build was compiled at 7:04PM Korea time last night.

I want to think they wouldn't do that.

I'd like to think the same. Although regardless of whether this is legit or not, it could mean they're skipping 5.1 and going straight to 5.1.1.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to think the same. Although regardless of whether this is legit or not, it could mean they're skipping 5.1 and going straight to 5.1.1.

That would make sense.

It's also possible that T-Mo is still testing the 5.1 build while Samsung is simultaneously working on 5.1.1.

David B6

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm running CMremix 5.1.1 v3.6 on my rooted T-Mobile note 4 and love it so far. The speed is amazing without touchwhiz and most issues have been ironed out. Never gonna ever wait again for the dragged out updates that lag far behind the actual up to date builds (the update that just rolled out 5.0.1)

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I call BS. T-Mo is slooooow to release updates, never ahead. This is bogus

Well the guy just dumped the system files and as of now, some of XDA's best are playing with them, so more to come...

But definitely not BSS, How did it happen? Nobody seem to know.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There are already a couple of devs cooking new 5.1.1 roms with the dumped files and one had already been done, compressed and in the process of upload, so yes, it's legit.

For now they are mixing the previous bootloader with the new files so it doesn't get locked, but other than that everything's in order, so the guy was really telling the truth just like he showed with his initial picture and then the video. There will be a lot of Nexus users very angry about it as there are still no official 5.1.1 update to them yet. Samsung and T-Mobile seem to be in a roll lately, at least related to the S6 and S6 Edge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC