Stock Calendar Issues

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
How the heck does one refresh the stock calendar app? Husband's Note 4 does not sync with my Edge calendar despite the fact he has opted to default to my calendar. If this doesn't get squared away/fixed, I am in setioysly hot water...the shared calendars run our lives!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you both using the stock Samsung Calendar app, or are you using the actual Google Calendar app?

All of the calendars you're using are from Google Calendar, right? I'm talking about Google Calendar in the cloud, not the actual Google Calendar app. And I assume that on the Google Calendar website, you have shared your default calendar with your husband, is that correct?

On your husband's Note 4, open Calendar, and go to wherever it is that you select calendars to display (on the Google Calendar app, either tap the menu button at the upper left or swipe in from the left of the screen). You should be able to see all calendars associated with the Google account, including your default calendar that you shared with your husband.

To make sure everything is syncing correctly, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]​, and make sure Calendar is checked on.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
We are both using the stock calendar app and NOT the Google calendar.

Any other thoughts on how I can sync? He has the three dots feature to sync as soon as he makes a calendar entry.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're using the stock Calendar apps, but are the calendar events you're entering associated with a Google Calendar, or just the Phone account's calendar? If they're with the Phone account's calendar, I don't think that can be shared with other people.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
You have to go to Google's website, sign in and then go to calendar. From there you can set up different colored calendars and who can share those calendars events. Then on your phones make sure you are signed into your Google account under Accounts and make sure Google Calendar sync is turned on. Once that's done your phones will pull calendar events and alarms from Google's website.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
You need to make sure when you enter them in, you are choosing to put them on Gmail not the phone.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara