Am I missing something!

Steveyg101

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey all.
So I have had me s6 edge for a week now and don't get me wrong, I love it!
But. I'm struggling to work out why I'm paying extra for this version over the normal s6.
I know that there is the notification system for texts and calls. But to me the info is shown twice, once by the normal notifications and once by the colours on the edge. Yes I also know about the nighttime clock but this all seems kinda useless. So am I missing a trick here, or are we just waiting for future uses of the edge screens to impress us.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
As discussed in nearly every review the edge is really all cosmetic. Yes there is some functionality associated with the "edges" but thats not the real reason why people buy this phone. For me, the edge felt more ergonomic with one-handed use so that's why I got it.

Sure developers in the future will make use of the edges, but I wouldn't be banking on a whole lot of them jumping ship.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey all.
But. I'm struggling to work out why I'm paying extra for this version over the normal s6.
I know that there is the notification system for texts and calls. But to me the info is shown twice, once by the normal notifications and once by the colours on the edge. Yes I also know about the nighttime clock but this all seems kinda useless. So am I missing a trick here, or are we just waiting for future uses of the edge screens to impress us.

I bought the Edge because it's literally like no other phone before it. It's also a much different feel in the hand than the S6. I've told this story before, but I was at a bar with a few friends, one of which had the regular S6. He was showing it off to everyone that came with us and they were impressed with it. Well, until I pulled out the S6 Edge. Then no one cared.

Some people will pay for the aesthetic differences and some won't. If you didn't buy it because it stands out or feels better to hold, it's probably a waste.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
It's a new technology on the screen and like always you pay more for these kinds of new features. Making the curved glass no doubt costs a lot more. If the Edge really sells well look for lots of copycats next year and more normal pricing as the glass manufacturer(s) will be able to refine their process, mass produce and bring their costs down.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought it because of aesthetics. I don't do anything on it differently than any other phone I've used. Something new for me to play with. All the "extras" that it has with the edge of the screen are not valuable to me and are turned off.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Simply return it if you're not satisfied with your purchase. You seem to be having a mild case of buyers remorse. If you've been using the phone and feel like you overpaid, no matter what others say you'll still feel the same way.

Hey all.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Download an app called "Drupe" it might give you a little more use out the edge, it almost seems to be made to use for this phone

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Same for me. I to bought the edge for look and feel also. I do like the features of the edge. Albeit few. But for me this is a device I have to keep and be happy with. So function is just as important as looks for me.

chefmorry

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Download an app called "Drupe" it might give you a little more use out the edge, it almost seems to be made to use for this phone

Just downloaded it and love it. Anyone else have other apps that might be geared to the edge?

Pinhead117

May 3, 2015
Visit site
No, anyone who buys the Edge just wants the hottest new thing. I don't see much more functionality over the S6 to justify the $100 premium, and you lose a little screen. But it's beautiful and the latest thing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey all.

I have to admit you express the same sentiments I did. Originally I could only get a 128GB S6 Edge on AT&T and once the S6 128GB became available before my return window I ordered it and will be here tomorrow, then the S6 Edge goes back. Great phone, great design, but just not worth the extra money IMO at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci