Fingerprint Issues

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having the Galaxy S6 Edge not read your fingerprint then gives the message something like, "Fingerprint scanner is no longer able to scan fingerprint, if this message keeps repeating restart the phone"

When I restart it works fine for like a week then it happens again.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten it once since I got my phone so I guess it's been about 3 weeks. Maybe you can try clearing your cache if you haven't done that already and see if it makes a difference.

Joe Creuzer

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I had to request the password reset from Google after a few wrong entries. Haven't had a problem since, fingers crossed. Was worried when it happened though.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It happened to me once as well.

You should not need to factory reset. Simply retrain the fingerprint scanner. What I did is delete all finger prints and then start over.

I have found, by the way, that having LESS fingerprints saved actually increases the performance of the scanner.

Posted via the Android Central App

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I went through the whole fingerprint setup, it accepted it,put in my password backup and I thought I was all set. When I tried to get in my phone later on using the saved fingerprint it wouldn't take it no matter what!! I don't worry about it any longer, I just swipe! Lol

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Some people leave their phones on for days at a time. I shut mine off every night and have virtually zero problems with anything. Wiping the cache is basically like turning the phone off and then back on but even better in that nothing is relying on "cached" data or files to make something work. So even though the cache may not be wiped by turning the phone off, I think it may be "refreshed" in that the data and files are being updated. Maybe I'm wrong but every computer needs to be rebooted once in awhile and Android is no exception.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me twice. Once shortly after setup and once after a big set of apps got downloaded and installed. It's been several days now. I don't think it's a big issue...just an occasional software conflict.

I try to restart my phone around once a day anyway. I even recommend that to my wife who has an IP6+. We sometimes forget the computing power we are holding in our historically minuscule devices. There's hundreds of thousands of lines of code that conflict at times.