Average Temperature (Using GSAM or equivalent) Please

SuperG03

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I have read through several other threads that discuss whether or not the Galaxy S6 edge gets to warm/hot. I am wondering this a bit myself, but was hoping for some empirical data to help me decide. I was hoping that others here could please post what their temp is for simple use like web browsing or facebook, etc and what their temp is for extreme things like gaming / video, etc. This information could be obtained from an app like GSAM or various other CPU temp apps. Also, please post what carrier you are on, as I believe that has some relevance. Thanks in advance for your responses and I am posting mine below:

Carrier = Sprint
Simple Temp = 27C or 82F
Extreme Temp = 36C or 97F

I am considering exchanging this phone because I feel it gets too warm. It rarely gets so hot that I feel like its burning my hand but it does get quite warm. Also, for reference, it usually starts to heat up on the back near the camera area and then starts to radiate downward and the screen itself can get hot too. Again, some of this might very well be normal but would love to see other people specific data points to be sure. Thanks!

SuperG03

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My GS6E is also on Sprint.
It normally runs from 82°F to 87°F.
When hot, I've seen it go up to 102°F.
To me that's normal since those are the same temperatures that my GS5 used to run.

Sent From my Gold Platinum Galaxy S6 Edge

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I have read through several other threads that discuss whether or not the Galaxy S6 edge gets to warm/hot. I am wondering this a bit myself, but was hoping for some empirical data to help me decide. I was hoping that others here could please post what their temp is for simple use like web browsing or facebook, etc and what their temp is for extreme things like gaming / video, etc. This information could be obtained from an app like GSAM or various other CPU temp apps. Also, please post what carrier you are on, as I believe that has some relevance. Thanks in advance for your responses and I am posting mine below:

Carrier = Sprint
Simple Temp = 27C or 82F
Extreme Temp = 36C or 97F

I am considering exchanging this phone because I feel it gets too warm. It rarely gets so hot that I feel like its burning my hand but it does get quite warm. Also, for reference, it usually starts to heat up on the back near the camera area and then starts to radiate downward and the screen itself can get hot too. Again, some of this might very well be normal but would love to see other people specific data points to be sure. Thanks!

SuperG03

T Mobile and I'm at 83F right now without doing much. Like you, I had a phone I felt got too warm too often. I eventually returned it, and my new phone absolutely runs cooler in general. My new one occasionally gets warm like if I'm taking a ton of pictures with the screen on extreme brightness on a hot day. My old one would get warm just doing dumb things like logging onto facebook. So glad I returned it. It was not normal.

By the way, when I had the "hot" phone, I had GSAM then too, and I felt like the temperature reading was not accurate... It would say eighty-something when the phone was practically burning my hands

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38