Worst fear came true - dropped S6 Edge in Water

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I was putting my hand in my pocket to take my phone out when my phone slipped and fell into the toilet I was so scared my heart skipped a beat I quickly pulled it out and dried it and. Was glad to. See it still working so relieved but so front camera is foggy :( when I use the front camera it comes out not blurry but foggy but back camera is fine

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Yikes! I think that's everyone's worst fear!!!

Glad it's mostly working! Hopefully the front camera dries out and ends up fine.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I got device protection through my carrier so they are sending a new one in 2 days but now the camera is fine phone heats up though

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I know the feeling. The only difference is when it did happened, luckily I was using the S5. LOL

Happened at work too.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully that will never happen again but if it does, dry the phone to the best of your ability then put it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Make sure the rice covers the phone completely and leave it there overnight. It will dry it out better than any other technique you can use.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have device protection from my carrier which I pay 7$ a month and it covers water damage so my carrier is sending me a black edge 128gb phone but my white edge seems to have dried up and fixed should I just wet it more so I can keep the 128gb edge

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have device protection from my carrier which I pay 7$ a month and it covers water damage so my carrier is sending me a black edge 128gb phone but my white edge seems to have dried up and fixed should I just wet it more so I can keep the 128gb edge

There's dried toilet water in there. You shouldn't have to dunk it again. I"ll bet the water indicators on the inside were triggered. Just take your 128 gb replacement. And keep that one out of the toilet!😋

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
There's dried toilet water in there. You shouldn't have to dunk it again. I"ll bet the water indicators on the inside were triggered. Just take your 128 gb replacement. And keep that one out of the toilet!😋

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So you think they will see the water in it

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

Yup, just take that small step from accident to fraud. smh