clean master app for android

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I got this app for both my phone and tablet and I love it! It cleans up junk and helps with battery )ife! Try it, get it from the playstore, it's free!

I know this works for you and you were trying to share what you believe to be a helpful app. Thanks for sharing.

Rohith K

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but antivirus is not needed for Android. They are only using your fear to turn your money into theirs.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again:

DO NOT use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. Most such apps are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

I find it difficult to agree that antivirus is not needed.
Does Android have a built in hidden virus protection system that I am unaware of ?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I find it difficult to agree that antivirus is not needed.
Does Android have a built in hidden virus protection system that I am unaware of ?
Sort of. It's Linux. Android is basically Linux. There are no Linux viruses. There is some malware, yes, but no viruses, which are far more dangerous.

As for malware, the best defense is to install Common Sense. Use it at all times. Install software only from completely trustworthy sources. In Security settings leave Unknown sources disabled. These simple rules are much more effective than antivirus apps.

I do not root my daily driver phone that I must depend on. Rooting disables built-in security features of Android. Rooting fans will likely flame me for saying that, but I can take the heat.

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Crashdamage and others, I have uninstalled Clean master since my first post. It was not necessary to jump down my throat just because I wanted to be helpfulp. After reading different articles about it I decided I may not need Clean master after all.
Crashdamage, you may be right but you could work on your responses!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, nothing I said was intended to be an attack towards you personally. Not at all, and you have my sincere apologies if you took it that way.

I was just trying to get the facts out. There's just SO much bad software out there, fouling up devices. And people see these boosters and cleaners and crap and they get endorsed by websites like BGR and millions of downloads. And they make devices sicker and sicker until they work so poorly people say "F**k this, Android sucks! I'm getting an iPhone!". It's so sad and maddening.

I'm just doing what I can to offset all the misinformation flooding the internet.

Last edited:

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not going to name any names of the Apps... but I have tried numerous memory cleaning ones, including those mentioned here. I have to say that on my s6 edge they have caused more issues than helped anything. Especially when they "kill" processes. Several of my critical applications stopped working because of this and I had to re-install them. Needless to say, I'm not using any now and will not moving forward. Again, everyone has the right to do and try what they want, but from my perspective (and experience) you are better off without these types of Apps.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if you can uninstall it. Give it a try.
Settings > Apps > select app > Clear cache > Clear data > Uninstall

If you can't uninstall it you can probably disable it.
Settings > Apps > select app > Disable

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
You can force close.
Go to all applications find smart manager and you can remove data clear cache and force stop.

Enahmir

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if you can uninstall it. Give it a try.
Settings > Apps > select app > Clear cache > Clear data > Uninstall

If you can't uninstall it you can probably disable it.
Settings > Apps > select app > Disable

Do you know...is 91% in use RAM a good thing....had 63-71 % but since last update it's over 90.

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I have never used any software like this ever on my android phones and the have been working just fine.

I tested clean master for a month or so, and I didn't notice anything different. It's just bullwhip.

I have also read a lot of **** about this apps many places on the Internet.

There is no need for this.

Sent fra min Nexus 5 bruker "skriveleif-talk"

richard mogan

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have read several of your comments and agree with most of them. I've been an Android user since 2003.. But after reading many posts here and elsewhere, yours included unless you are a developer or work for Google/Android in this particular area then none are truly backed up and even then with real evidence that can be 100% believed. The links don't explain anything except other peoples views.. Who are they? Paid? Rivals? Its hard to believe anything on the internet as you stated.. Right? I do believe that most battery savers, app killers etc will drain your performance but no one is backing it up with believable/concrete facts.. How do we know your not working with any company that benefits from the contrary of Clean Master in this case?
I don't disagree with you and your words but I'm only taking the time like you to help people that might be skeptical.. You need to support your general statements that the average person won't believe on first read with real facts and not links w/ generalities.. You might and probably do know better and believe but making comments without real believable solid facts that the public can trust/rely on is not helping people understand..
Just a thought to help as I don't disagree...

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I hear what you're saying. Maybe I'm just not doing a very good job at this.

I'm not a developer (though I don't think that necessarily means you know what you're doing. Too much bad software.) I can't code for squat and never claim I can.

I'm just an Android user from the very beginning. Preorderd the original G1 within minutes of availability and have been through a pile of Android devices since.

I'm not affiliated with, and unfortunately certainly not paid by any company. Just trying to help and to fight all the misinformation.

I'm not just stating my opinions. Sure, I have my opinions and I'm not afraid to speak up. Sometimes, yes I say something that is just general knowledge that stuck in my head from years of using Android. Everyone in forums like this does.

But I don't get what you're saying about links I've provided. In my posts I've provided many links to solid, proven information by knowledgeable developers and actual authors of the Android code. I try to be able to back up what I say with facts. Or at least with people smarter than I am.

Of course, many things are just a matter of opinion or preference. That's fine. You can express yours, and I can express mine. I guess your opinion is I'm doing a poor job. Maybe you're right, I don't know.

Please, feel free to ask me anything.

Edit: You say you've used Android since 2003. Android was released Sept. 23, 2008. But it was started Oct. 2003, originally intended as an OS for cameras. Do you really go back to the early development days? That would be very interesting to hear about.

Last edited:

Mark Ebersole

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
That is why my phone's battery gets depleted real fast on occasion and why some apps just randmoly stop and restart. That is why my memory get's bogged down and has to task swap too much and make my mobile device just run slow. There is a need for tools, like Clean Master, to clean things up. Android is an excellent platform and better than Whendoze but, because of all of the 3rd party apps, it still has bloat problems.

HyperRage

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I know clean master is bad. How about CCleaner by piriform for android? I know that CCleaner is used by the U.S Armed forces as my wife and I are both in separate branches.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents on the cleaners is they all work fine as far as the several I have tried over the years. Problem IMO is the clutter you just cleaned comes right back anyway as it is just android working the way it works. I prefer to just check my running apps MB usage. If I see something to high IMO I weigh how much I really want it on my phone. That is my method of permanent decluttering.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so I know clean master is bad. How about CCleaner by piriform for android? I know that CCleaner is used by the U.S Armed forces as my wife and I are both in separate branches.
CCleaner is bad. Not in the Cleaner Master category of evil bad, but bad as in has been known to 'clean' stuff that should not be cleaned, with negative consequences.

In all the years I've used Android I've never needed a cleaner app. My devices run perfectly for years without one. I recommend against them. But if you just can't livej without needlessly futzing around with things please read this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7059862

My 2 cents on the cleaners is they all work fine as far as the several I have tried over the years. Problem IMO is the clutter you just cleaned comes right back anyway as it is just android working the way it works.
That's mostly because many stupid 'cleaners' clean out cache files to make them appear to be effectively doing a good job. Cache files can be deleted to inflate bogus cleaning claiims. Actually, it's wasteful, and reduces performance. That's because the cache files rebuild, as you saw, and rebuilding them wastes CPU cycles and power.

The 'clutter' coming back IS the way Android works - all OS use cache files to increase performance. And for best performance they should be left the heck alone. Again, I use devices for the lifetime of the device without using a cleaner or giving caches a thought with no loss of performance.

I prefer to just check my running apps MB usage. If I see something to high IMO I weigh how much I really want it on my phone. That is my method of permanent decluttering.
Sorry but while I don't see any harm in it, I just don't see any advantage to it either. IOW you're worrying about such stuff too much. But that's just me. See this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7082731

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol