It's been out for over a month, do you miss the Removable Battery and/or Expendable Storage?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
No. I even bought a Powerocks 9000Ah power bank and still haven't used it. I have the 64GB, honestly I think I would've been fine with 32GB again just got ahead of myself.

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
No, never had a need to remove the battery in my old S4. I did have a 32GB memory card due to how little usable space the 16GB version of the phone had. I have the 32GB S6 and it's got plenty of free space after moving everything over from the S4.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I have been used to no removable battery and SD card for a while using the iPhone. Even when I had phones with removable batteries I never swapped them. I actually enjoy phones with built in storage and batteries because normally the build quality feels better IMO.

roaduardo1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I have been used to no removable battery and SD card for a while using the iPhone. Even when I had phones with removable batteries I never swapped them. I actually enjoy phones with built in storage and batteries because normally the build quality feels better IMO.

Man, I remember my iPhone days and the pain of having to choose what to keep and what not to keep on board the phone when I'd have to deploy. When I saw the light and moved to Android and discovered the joys and flexibility of Micro SD I knew I'd never look back. If I had to use the S6 I'd deff need the max storage option for peace of mind. Storage... it's one of those things where it's fantastic to have it when you don't need it because you certainly don't want to be left needed more and not have it. Options. That's the Android way, right?

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
No I don't. Came from the S4. I even had 2 batteries for it and rarely changed. My S6 gets at least 15 hours, so I'm at home by then. It charges full in 1 hour. Smart Switch allowed me to move everything from my S4 to my S6, so I don't miss the card either.

Posted via the Android Central App

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I'm getting a full day with light to moderate usage (Facebook, emails, texting, a couple pictures, music ...) and as far as storage goes after moving my stuff over with a ton of music I still have 36.45G free. I'm happy with these stats. And honestly i was a die hard revolter practically boycotting the device when i found out about the lack of sd and battery removal. I'm glad I sucked it up and took the chance.

Attachments

• 10110.jpg
    10110.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 246

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not me. This will only be my second Android phone, and my first was a HTC One M7 which had neither expandable storage nor a removable battery. So I don't miss what I never had. Although I did pick up one of the ZeroLemon battery cases for 20 bucks, and a 32GB microUSB/USB dual-connector flash drive just in case; but I haven't had to use either as of yet.

-# Cheers! #-

swingarm

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
The only thing I miss and it's kind of minor at this point is a changeable battery otherwise very happy with it.

Last edited:

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Nothing missed here. I stopped buying batteries after the S4. I just found myself replacing the battery less & less.

AndrewTST

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I never miss on removable battery - never own second battery before.

As for microSD card - nope also as my previous phone is Nexus 6 which already not using SD card.

Faloogs

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No, surprisingly don't miss either. I am a little shocked, I thought I'd at least miss the interchangeable battery, but not, although battery life is not that great, it does charge very quickly.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I also bought an external charger that I've never used, but I'm in an office all week so I drop it on the Qi pad all day and have no battery issues. We'll see how it goes when I go on a day trip.

The storage was never going to be an issue. I snagged a 128gb model anyway, but I was sick of storage errors on my S5. Now I can use Quickpic again and delete my pictures. KitKat and Lollipop would only allow me to delete pictures on my SD Card through the stock gallery app.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I miss the SD expansion cards. Oh,, yes I do, despite the fact that I have the 128gb Galaxy s6 edge. I hate worrying about installing too many apps, overdoing the music and photos.

I've read that many people put practically nothing on their phones and that works for them. Maybe they use their phones less as computing devices and more as phones. However, I use my phone (for rehearsals, photos of family, road music, on and off - line maps, and a lot more. Right now, I'm making great use of flash drives with on-the-go cables.

I also am a heavy user of portable chargers, because I can't afford for the power to go out while I'm recording a one-hour meeting or a two-hour rehearsal.

Last edited:

dixie_boysles

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Since I've had the One M7, I've not missed those features at all. Never had a need. to remove my battery on it. New S6 Edge will be here Friday and don't expect to feel any different

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Have not had a removeable battery in ages so that was whatever.

The storage did have me scratching my head for a second, but I wil live

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't think that you will find many people on this thread that will miss either. It wouldn't make any sense to buy the phone without either of these if you want or need them.

Myself.. I won't be buying one since I prefer to use both, but for my wife since she doesn't need either I will be. She just has to decide between the s6 or the edge...

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia