What is the MMS message size limit?

Ryanbuc007

May 7, 2015
Visit site
MMS Message Size Limit

Does anyone know what the the message size limit for MMS messages on the Galaxy S6 Edge and how to increase it? I attempted to send a 1.3MB GIF this morning and I got a message "Picture too large, compressing." So, it converted it to a 14kB image. I attempted to look at the message settings to see if there was a way to increase the message size to 2MB, but did not find an option. On a tutorial website, it stated that there is an option called "Enhanced Messaging" that allows messages to be sent up to 1GB. However, I could not find option in the message settings either. My provider is T-Mobile. Is it possible that they have limited the message size?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: MMS Message Size Limit

Does anyone know what the the message size limit for MMS messages on the Galaxy S6 Edge and how to increase it? I attempted to send a 1.3MB GIF this morning and I got a message "Picture too large, compressing." So, it converted it to a 14kB image. I attempted to look at the message settings to see if there was a way to increase the message size to 2MB, but did not find an option. On a tutorial website, it stated that there is an option called "Enhanced Messaging" that allows messages to be sent up to 1GB. However, I could not find option in the message settings either. My provider is T-Mobile. Is it possible that they have limited the message size?

Looks like T-Mobile is your source of the problem, max size is 1MB. Check out his link to see.

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: MMS Message Size Limit

the 1gb thing is 'simple sharing' and is done thru the gallery app mostly. select a picture to share and the top option, above the rest, should be simple share.