1 / 2 months still battery problems

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
H i am making a new thread so everyonr can see images at the top etc. However as i upgraded from 6plus i am a little dissapointed at times. This phones battery is aweful i get the trai. Each morning to work
So i play hanes for approx 20 mins if that. I got off the train today and had 67 % battery i am not happy with this. I think its terrible for me. Maybe you thonk its okay but when you come drom 6 plus its awful... ita now since writing this mesage and a couple minutes 64%... ( 10 mims later its sropped 3% and i hardly been on it..

This never lasts me a full day never. My 6plus used to go throufh gaming in morning. A bit of use through the day, gaming on the way home and then have battery until 7/9 oclock. This doesnt even get close...

I have tried everything. Turned so many things off i dont see why i should turn wifi and location off due to it being a hogh end phone i shouldnt have to... also i need it for maps time to time.

I have done about 3 full resets, installed less apps. I do use bluetooth a lot due to fitbit. However even on iphone it was on all the time..

Full resets arent working any other suggestions?? I cant be charging my phone at mid day every day. Normally i wake at 7 and get to work at 10ish. But this time i left later and its 60% it would probably be under 50 in an hours time or at least close.

I also dont use auto brightness i set it between 20-30% unless its really sunny.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 10310.jpg
    10310.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 138
  • 10309.jpg
    10309.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 142
Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
dud phone? battery on my edge has been superb easily beating all phones ive had, im charging it once every 2/3 days and usually it still has a good chunk left i just like to be safe

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Not a gamer but I don't cripple my phones either like turning off sync.

What I do is make sure I properly cycle the battery especially the first 48 hours.

Out of the box it I don't plug her
in and basically set everything up and customize her and then use it until the battery drops below 5%. After fully charging I will drain it down again as low as possible. This is when I treat the battery normal and basically charge it when I'm done for the day regardless if it still has 40% or 20%.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i havent done alot of gaming so i dont know how it relates to the s6 battery. Keep in mind that the phone is pushing 2x as many pixels as your iphone 6+.

On the note 4, some found better battery performance by forcing the device to render 1080p and not 1440p. Im not sure how involved this method is, but it may be do able.

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Not a gamer but I don't cripple my phones either like turning off sync.

What I do is make sure I properly cycle the battery especially the first 48 hours.

Out of the box it I don't plug her
in and basically set everything up and customize her and then use it until the battery drops below 5%. After fully charging I will drain it down again as low as possible. This is when I treat the battery normal and basically charge it when I'm done for the day regardless if it still has 40% or 20%.

SHIFT_sixty four s6 edge

Yeah i got the phone, installed everything set all up. Used it until it completely died. Then done a 100% charge.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
My battery perfectly fine. Easily get 4-5 hours SOT if I wanted to. If your battery if that bad why don't u just exchange it for a new one?

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My battery perfectly fine. Easily get 4-5 hours SOT if I wanted to. If your battery if that bad why don't u just exchange it for a new one?

Same here. Just bought another one for my son who does game. Good battery life on both units.

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

Can I do that, would would I do? Just go back to o2 saying its not lasting me very long? What would I do? I do have insurance also but Id say if it was a fault it would be a fault on Samsungs behalf not mine.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Can I do that, would would I do? Just go back to o2 saying its not lasting me very long? What would I do? I do have insurance also but Id say if it was a fault it would be a fault on Samsungs behalf not mine.

Id just try xplaining how bad your battery is, make it sound worse if you want and that its a commen fault,
like i said my phone battery has been amazing I havent even realy changed much but it wipes the floor battery wise with any phone ive had

as stated normal days im going a few days between charges and thats me using phone on way to and from work lunch breaks etc etc.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
H i am making a new thread so everyonr can see images at the top etc. However as i upgraded from 6plus i am a little dissapointed at times. This phones battery is aweful i get the trai. Each morning to work
So i play hanes for approx 20 mins if that. I got off the train today and had 67 % battery i am not happy with this. I think its terrible for me. Maybe you thonk its okay but when you come drom 6 plus its awful... ita now since writing this mesage and a couple minutes 64%... ( 10 mims later its sropped 3% and i hardly been on it..

This never lasts me a full day never. My 6plus used to go throufh gaming in morning. A bit of use through the day, gaming on the way home and then have battery until 7/9 oclock. This doesnt even get close...

I have tried everything. Turned so many things off i dont see why i should turn wifi and location off due to it being a hogh end phone i shouldnt have to... also i need it for maps time to time.

I have done about 3 full resets, installed less apps. I do use bluetooth a lot due to fitbit. However even on iphone it was on all the time..

Full resets arent working any other suggestions?? I cant be charging my phone at mid day every day. Normally i wake at 7 and get to work at 10ish. But this time i left later and its 60% it would probably be under 50 in an hours time or at least close.

I also dont use auto brightness i set it between 20-30% unless its really sunny.

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this problem. I came from the Note 4 and i thought this phone was going to be an issue but apparently I'm getting similar battery life with the S6 Edge. Also this phone charges a lot faster then the Note 4. I'm not sure if it's the carrier you are with that's making the phone battery die out so quickly.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
If you got the phone 10-14 working days ago just ring them up and say you want it changed, say it overheats, drops calls and that the battery drains very fast. Just make it sound worse than it already is. They will change this for you even if its been longer than 14 days give them a call. I remember when i got my Lumia 920 i didnt use it for about 2 weeks as i was waiting for my other contract to end but when i did i felt the battery moving when you moved it around. I called up EE and then said go to your nearest store and get it changed.

Plus you have insurance so seriously get it changed lol.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site

You do realize that it's silly to compare a 6+ with a 6 Edge right? The 6+ is a phablet, with a much bigger battery and a different mission. A comparison between the iPhone 6 and the G6 Edge would be much more appropriate and the Edge despite having a superior display will still compare favorably for battery life. Posts like this make me SMH.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
You do realize that it's silly to compare a 6+ with a 6 Edge right? The 6+ is a phablet, with a much bigger battery and a different mission. A comparison between the iPhone 6 and the G6 Edge would be much more appropriate and the Edge despite having a superior display will still compare favorably for battery life. Posts like this make me SMH.

Actually, the iPhone 6 Plus battery is only marginally bigger than the S6 but has FAR better battery performance. I own both:

iPhone 6 Plus battery is 2,915mAh
Galaxy S6 edge battery is 2,600mAh

That said, the S6 fast charging helps close the gap in battery performance since it charges up remarkably fast compared to the iPhone.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
To chime in here...I have the same issue. Super average standby time and battery life just plummets if I actively use my phone. Today's stats:

072de6c6a971db78c362ecb03838fad4.jpg

96d1ebcb6115e619b25bc61ed6a0bccc.jpg

Attachments

• 072de6c6a971db78c362ecb03838fad4.jpg
    072de6c6a971db78c362ecb03838fad4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 9

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Im using my phone tons, mainly on journey to from work.
45 min bus ride either direction web browsing with music, watched some videos, sat in bed later on installing apps and messing about with it. more use than my old phone and its beating the battery by miles

Could you provide a screenshot of a days use of both the battery graph and screen on time? I'm sorry, i simple don't think you can get over 24 hours on this phone if you use it at all, so you understand how your claim seems made up seeing no other person has reported battery life of multiple days.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Could you provide a screenshot of a days use of both the battery graph and screen on time? I'm sorry, i simple don't think you can get over 24 hours on this phone if you use it at all, so you understand how your claim seems made up seeing no other person has reported battery life of multiple days.

When I get the chance I will do, I dont get why you almost sound offended by what ive said though very accusational.

I know there are battery problems im not saying they dont exist im just saying for me personally ive found it to be phenomenal.
the only thing i can say i really do is switching off my 4g when im not using it same for wifi, always done that out of habit not to save power
but yea Ill charge it over night, i use it for a little in the morning before i set off then ill use it on journey to/from work then for 15 mins on lunch break.

then sporadic use at home since ive my computer, although most nights since ive had the thing ill sit in bed looking at new apps or fiddling with settings.

Ill admit i dont play any games on my phone, maybe thats the deciding factor. maybe i should get a few to try on the journey to compare

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers