Just an opinion but samsung should hear it

Jessica Lind

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I used to own an Iphone and I was very happy with the apple software. The only gripes I had with Iphone was the fact that I couldn't put a memory card into it or change the battery myself if it was needed. It annoyed me so much when the battery decayed that I tried a Samsung phone instead. And I've stayed with Samsung since but now this company are making their phones just like Iphones... I don't know how others feel about it but if you're gonna be like Iphone then I might as well have an Iphone. You're not doing yourself a favour here is what I'm saying.

Sure s6 and s6 edge looks good but you've stolen the best part of Samsung and turned it into an Iphone wannabe. Looks like my next phone will be Iphone 6.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's why there are so many other options out there :) Seems like Android wasn't keeping you around Samsung phones and that's OK. The features you wanted are still present in other Android phones, you might want to check those out (like the G4, which sounds amazing so far, quite the match for the S6). iPhones are really good devices as well, it's just not everyone's cup of tea (not mine, that's for sure).

It's all about choices! :)

BTW, Removable batteries are not 'number one' in AC readers' list of 'must haves' apparently, as long as the device can last all day :)
Weekly poll results: what battery feature is most important | Android Central

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Looking like an iPhone doesn't take away the fact it is running Android. Lots of phones have no external storage or battery change out options. Doesn't make them iPhone clones. I have an iPhone 6+ that I left for my S6. Never thought of it as an iPhone clone,(don't get this logic) as it's running a completely different operating system. Just get the largest storage available, some charging options and your good to go. Or go back to your iPhone, but what to do when that battery decays? Same diff no? I've never had an l-ion battery go bad before I needed to upgrade at my 2 years yet. Did you get a Samsung first then figure this stuff out?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I used to own an Iphone and I was very happy with the apple software. The only gripes I had with Iphone was the fact that I couldn't put a memory card into it or change the battery myself if it was needed. It annoyed me so much when the battery decayed that I tried a Samsung phone instead. And I've stayed with Samsung since but now this company are making their phones just like Iphones... I don't know how others feel about it but if you're gonna be like Iphone then I might as well have an Iphone. You're not doing yourself a favour here is what I'm saying.

Sure s6 and s6 edge looks good but you've stolen the best part of Samsung and turned it into an Iphone wannabe. Looks like my next phone will be Iphone 6.

Normally, I've wanted a removable battery but the Sony Z3 convinced me that it was unnecessary. While the S6/S6E have batteries nowhere near as good as the Z3, they make up for it with fast charge and wireless charging baked in. That's OK with me.

As for iPhone wannabes, last I checked Apple did not have wireless charging, curved screens, home screen customization, true widgets, various music options including the amazing Google Music, integrated Google Maps (although iMaps is getting non-sucky finally), and generally an ability to accerlate innovation (my Apple friends just LOVE Swiftkey...something I've been using for years, for instance). Then, they wrap it up in a phone that is beautiful and much better than the (frankly) devolved iPhone 6 (i.e. the iPhone 5 looked better even if it was too small).

But to each her own, at least, as long as your own is exactly what Apple wants you to have.

EMY92

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Samsung's last phone had a removable battery, SD card slot, and was even waterproof. On top of that, it had a great camera, it was blazingly fast, and had all of the features that people complaining about the S6 claim they want. However, it didn't sell well.

Samsung is in business to make money and earn dividends for their shareholders. Making more phones like the S5 wasn't the path to fulfilling that objective.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Android offers choice, there are other manufacturers out there that offer what your looking for. I Don need a removable battery nor an SD card and I'm pretty damn happy with the overall design, look and feel of this device. If you don't mind apple telling you the consumer how you should use and operate your phone, you know what to do. Have fun with that. I refuse to drink the apple kool aid

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
No disrespect, but if you cannot work out the difference between Apple and Android, then you shouldn't be commenting on either phone. Yes, the Galaxy S has been inspired by Apple, and? That's where the similarity ends, under the bonnet it's a completely different matter. Saying you will get an iPhone because the Galaxy S6 looks like it, is kinda like me saying let me ditch my Domino's pizza and go back to eating a frozen Pizza from a cheap supermarket, all because Domino's looks the same as that pizza.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
No disrespect, but if you cannot work out the difference between Apple and Android, then you shouldn't be commenting on either phone. Yes, the Galaxy S has been inspired by Apple, and? That's where the similarity ends, under the bonnet it's a completely different matter. Saying you will get an iPhone because the Galaxy S6 looks like it, is kinda like me saying let me ditch my Domino's pizza and go back to eating a frozen Pizza from a cheap supermarket, all because Domino's looks the same as that pizza.

In the OP's defense, Domino's and frozen pizza aren't much different.

:p

Fedginator

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
The LG g4 had those features and has got good reviews. Plus LGs ui is very similar to Samsung (LG at Samsung wannabees {and possiblly by induction apple wannabes as well})

Posted via the Android Central App

Jessica Lind

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Well I do know there's a difference between Apple and Android. I like both operating systems which is why I didn't bring up any complaints about them. And I've got a brand new Note 4 now and I'm very happy.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What? You need to change from your local Domino's branch then!

LOL. I live in Michigan, people. I know Tom Monaghan. Dominos is very familiar to me and it is no good! I prefer non franchise pizza (and loved Dominos back in the day) but now, if I HAVE to have franchise pizza, I choose Jets.

OK, sorry for the hijack. Back to your regularly scheduled program wherein we were all hearing how great eh IPhone is compared to the Edge. :/