GS6E vs G4 Video Comparison

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: GS6E vs G4 Comparison

Good review. I ALMOST waited for the G4. If it had a fingerprint sensor, I probably would have. However, between that, the quick charge, the wireless charging, and better chipset, it was too much of a compromise to get an SD card (important) and removable battery (not as important).

Also, the gold S6E is beautiful, FWIW.

Great camera comparison here that I hadn't seen...thanks srkmagnus...Camera showdown: LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. iPhone 6 | Android Central

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: GS6E vs G4 Comparison

Good review. I ALMOST waited for the G4. If it had a fingerprint sensor, I probably would have. However, between that, the quick charge, the wireless charging, and better chipset, it was too much of a compromise to get an SD card (important) and removable battery (not as important).

Also, the gold S6E is beautiful, FWIW.

Great camera comparison here that I hadn't seen...thanks srkmagnus...Camera showdown: LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. iPhone 6 | Android Central

The G4 has a lot going fit it, whether you are upgrading from the G3 or another device, Android or not. It has a great display, camera, and rapid charging. It just seems like a little brother to a comparable Samsung device.

I really didn't mind the plastic until I got the GS6 but whether it's hyper glazed polycarbonate or trimmed with leather, it's still plastic, something Samsung got hammered for years and all of the sudden it's the gold standard for a flagship device. Aesthetically though, it is a nice looking device that would have been better as a sealed aluminum chassis.

In the three or four review videos, the G4 while pretty clean looking doesn't seem to be as mature as TouchWiz although I wouldn't be deterred necessarily by it. It doesn't really need a heart rate monitor but that's just a nice to have. It lacks a fingerprint scanner, wireless charging, and it's own branded mobile payment system, all built in. It's running DDR3 RAM instead of DDR4. Not sure if it has UFS. It has a 20nm chipset. The UI reminds of an earlier version of TouchWiz. It just seems to me that Samsung did a better job of upping their game and listening to their customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz