Does anyone else have an issue with taking Blurry photos with the S6 Edge?

ltjuanito

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Imperfect pictures

Does anyone else notice that taking pictures of people with this S6E leaves the photos blurry? I've noticed that when I take pictures of anything that is not completely COMPLETELY still, there is a blur to all the photos.
With our iPhones, we can take pictures of the kids and not notice any problems at all, but with this new phone, we'll take countless pictures and they'll almost all be somewhat blurry.

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Imperfect pictures

Not at all. I've taken tons of pictures of my kids and they all have come out crystal clear. I just leave the camera on auto and shoot. Real simple and amazing results.

asinrutee

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Happened to me with a S5 I had, turned out I hadn't taken the protective film off the camera lens. The S6 also comes with a protective film over the lens. Just a thought!!!

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah definitely check for the protective film. They are kind of hard to see and there is also one over the flash.

Last edited:

asinrutee

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Having made the suggestion to check the camera, I didn't realise there was one over the flash as well, very hard to see but it's off now thanks sydneycooper1979

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site

There's also a setting in the Camera settings for "Tracking AF" which tracks moving subjects for better focusing. You mentioned kids so I'm assuming they're far from sitting completely still. :)

-# Cheers! #-

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
This is a fabulous camera and takes crystal clear pictures, even better than my expensive camera! Play around and get used to all the different functions! I'm positive you will love this camera!

pigrix

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Did u ever get this problem fixed?? I just got a Samsung galaxy s6 edge and have the exact same problem... with my iphone i took all sorts of pictures and no problem... with this, unless my son is not moving, asleep and without breathing .. then it comes out ok.. otherwise is a blurr... im regreating this phone soooo much... help???

berZerQ

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Ill help you with the issue!

Since the S6 edge and s6 is made of pretty much glass all over!! Its INCREDIBLY easy to have grease and other oils stuck without being visable. Ofcourse does this effect the camera quality by alot! So take a clean cloth and wipe your phone + lens clean and it should solve the problem for you!

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
OMG! I have had my S6 for two months and never realized there was a covering over both the camera lens and the flash! However I was taking good pictures right through it (smile). Both are off now. Love these forums!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463