Why I go to Close All , why do some music apps close, some do not?

jdeit

May 13, 2015
Visit site
"Close All" Some Music Apps Close, some do not

Accidentally posted this in Q&A and can't find it so here we go again. I transitioned from an iPhone 5 to a 128GB S6 Edge and am absolutely ecstatic that I'm back to freedom. However, I'm still learning a lot about the Android OS and manipulating things how I'd like.

With that said - I have a bunch of Music Apps on my phone, Sonos, SiriusXM, Pocket Casts, TuneIn Radio, Pandora, etc.

When I hit "Close-All" when listening to some of the apps some close and kill the music and some do not. IE Pocket Casts and Sonos will continue to play music, however SiriusXM and Pandora close all together. I'd like to do whatever I could to protect the rest of my music Apps from closing, I'd rather manually close them.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Close All" Some Music Apps Close, some do not

Welcome to Android Central! I'm going to give you a non-answer in that it doesn't directly answer your question: avoid the habit of closing apps. Android works by keeping RAM relatively full (in order to open or switch apps more efficiently), so closing apps manually means the system will just open those apps or other apps automatically. This process takes a bit of power, so if this is happening a lot, you end up using more battery. See these articles for more info:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/380592-guide-ram-android.html
RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

endwhysee.bk

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Close All" Some Music Apps Close, some do not

Some music apps you have exit it from with in the app in setting. Samsung stock music app dose that

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49