AT&T Upgrade Push

Kyle Tate

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
So woke up this morning and found a notification on front screen saying that upgrade was postponed. held it down for 3 seconds and found out that it was from AT&T. I already had lollipop 5. 0. 2, so couldn't figure out what they were upgrading. Didn't take longer than 10 minutes from download to installation to restart, but wondering if anyone knows what it was, or what kind of performance it was supposed to improve? Can't really tell anything different like on the S 5 when they just upgraded to lollipop 5. anyway, anybody else get this strange notification. Sure enough it said it was scheduled for 12 08 p.m. and that's exactly when it started. Thanks all!

Posted via the Android Central App

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the same update, it may be supposed to help with the memory leak that the phone was suffering from. There have also been some very minor changes, like when you change the resolution when you video record it tells you upfront what features you will lose when you record in the highest resolutions, whereas before it would be a pop up message when you selected them.

Edit: From another website

An update for the ATT S6 was released today with the following enhancements:

Battery performance enhancement

HD Voice enhancement

Screen enhancements

AT&T Message enhancement

Screen rotation enhancement

Power key press time from .5 sec to 1.5 sec.

Other various performance enhancements

Specifications:

Android version: 5.0.2

Baseband version: G920AUCU1AOE2

Kernel Version: 3.10.61-4823236 dpi@SWDD3910 #1 Sun May 3 00:35:28 KST 2015

Build Number: LRX22G.G925AUCU1AOE2

File size: 238MB

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
When in edge clock mode my screen is now black. Before it was like it was just dimmed. Noticeable difference. Haven't seen anything else yet.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
When in edge clock mode my screen is now black. Before it was like it was just dimmed. Noticeable difference. Haven't seen anything else yet.

Thanks for the info, I may reactivate this now. Turned it off before because it was likely using more power since technically every pixel was on even though the screen was black.

riplikash

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey, you're right! The night clock is finally working. I was super bummed about that.

Other improvements I've noticed:
  • Much better battery life
  • The battery graph and estimation is actually accurate now
  • Doesn't get laggy after being on for awhile
  • snappier
  • camera opens faster
  • Android system and cell standby have calmed down. They used to always be the top battery users, but now they are below screen light. As things should be.
  • Got rid of some stability issues. In particular I no longer get "(app) has stopped working" notifications all day.
Overall it was a welcome little update.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I found the fact that the night clock turned on the whole screen super annoying before so this is a welcome update for that reason alone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane