Galaxy s6 edge heating up

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Ahhhh is it normal my phone is over heating when I'm doing lots of multi tasking and installing and downloads.. Is this normal. I was installing 4 themes and browsing and texting and my phone started heating and lagging.. It got pretty hot to hold..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Devices can get pretty hot if you're installing a bunch of apps, which takes a good amount of CPU. If you're doing other things while installing apps, that will increase CPU usage and temperature. Things will usually lag a little while you're installing as well.

Do you have a case on? Some cases could prevent the phone from dissipating heat efficiently, which could lead to accelerated heating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter that much how thin the case is. I tried a Rearth Ringke Fusion case for my Nexus 5, which has a clear plastic back, and I noticed it would get very uncomfortably hot while charging wirelessly, compared to other TPU cases or no case.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, you may want to take the case off while doing intensive things so as to keep it cooler in the first place. Does your screen rotation still work? It hasn't been definitively proven yet what causes some of the screens to stop rotating but many have said that it may be excessive heat that is causing the accelerometer to stop working, or there's a bad batch of them out there and the heat is exposing the flawed hardware. :confused:
So until you're sure yours is OK I would be careful not to let it get too hot. :eek:

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Search this forum for "warm" or "hot" etc, there are LOTS of threads on this topic. My first unit got so hot it was very uncomfortable to hold, but only under the conditions you described and only sometimes. I ended up returning it, and my replacement runs MUCH cooler, I almost never notice it heating up anymore, unless I am taking a lot of pictures outside with the automatic brightness blazing bright. Glad I returned mine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma