S6 Edge TMobile: Picked up on a call, no sound both ways. Happens haphazardly...

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone's S6 Edge had this issue?

i pick up on an incoming call (i'm on TMobile), and i can't hear anything from the incoming party, and the other party can't hear anything from me either. however, they can call right back and the 2nd time, merely seconds or a minute later, i can hear them normally.

i tried it by calling myself from a landline and once in a while, i get this "no sound in either direction" type of situation.

i spoke to TMobile and they insist that it's not their network, and think it's my phone that's the issue.

it is not happening often, but i'd say once or twice a week. very annoying.

anyone else has this experience please?

thx.

arzoo

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my T-Mobile S6. I had my WiFi Calling setup to use cellular if available. Now I've switched to wifi priority - maybe that will solve the problem. Otherwise my $700 phone is useless as a phone.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
no option but to get a replacement phone.
what a drag. so much effort to re-install everything, to customize everything again. ugh.
and yet, can't pick up on a call is certainly no way to go for a brand new 128gb $1,000 phone!

ExtremevlomegaV

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I live in Las Vegas and I have T-Mobile service. I only have this issue when I'm using VoLTE. Once I turned it off I never had that problem again and I never experienced this problem with WiFi calling turned on.

I don't believe this is a phone issue or network issue, it's an issue with Android OS 5.0.2

Posted via the Android Central App

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I live in Las Vegas and I have T-Mobile service. I only have this issue when I'm using VoLTE. Once I turned it off I never had that problem again and I never experienced this problem with WiFi calling turned on.

I don't believe this is a phone issue or network issue, it's an issue with Android OS 5.0.2

i don't understand. wifi calling turned on only would work IF you were in your own space, or wherever you have wifi, right?

if you were walking around, or driving around, and you don't have wifi, obviously, you would not be able to use wifi calling.

in that situation, one would naturally be dependent on LTE or 4G or whatever. are you saying that in this situation, you'd NOT be able to answer a call (silent both ways)?

why would one settle for a phone that one cannot answer calls with, when one drives or walks around, and it would ONLY be able to answer calls when one has wifi?!? not following what you're saying.

ExtremevlomegaV

May 26, 2015
Visit site
i don't understand. wifi calling turned on only would work IF you were in your own space, or wherever you have wifi, right?

if you were walking around, or driving around, and you don't have wifi, obviously, you would not be able to use wifi calling.

in that situation, one would naturally be dependent on LTE or 4G or whatever. are you saying that in this situation, you'd NOT be able to answer a call (silent both ways)?

why would one settle for a phone that one cannot answer calls with, when one drives or walks around, and it would ONLY be able to answer calls when one has wifi?!? not following what you're saying.

You don't need VoLTE turned on to talk...if you go to the "phone" icon and then select "more" and then "settings" you can turn off "Voice over LTE". This is what I'm talking about in my post.

I think you misunderstood what I was telling you. I also said that when I use WiFi calling I don't have any issues with hearing the other party or them hearing me. Just in case you were thinking about using that option when you're in an area with WiFi.

SlamTheDoor

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
This happens to me (non-Edge S6 T-Mobile) too. I don't make or receive a lot of calls, so I can't say for sure how frequently it happens. Maybe it only happens for the first call after a reboot, or if it hasn't received a call in awhile. I don't have any idea how to troubleshoot this and just hope that the next update from Samsung will fix it.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification.

However, disabling VoLTE would remove HD calling as well.

What a bummer: buying a state-of-the-art, top of the line phone, at top of the line prices, and not getting to use current technology! It's like buying a high end BMW and asking us to drive sans GPS and at 50mph, with no rear cameras and such new technologies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma