Light Leakage Around Bezel?

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
So last night I noticed that there appears to be a thin line of light coming up from above both the right and left bezel. Can anyone else reproduce this? It's most noticeable in a dark environment with the screen brightness relatively high.

See my pics for reference in second post.

Last edited:

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Attached are actual photos from a dark room. Is this unique to my device or do others have leakage above the bezel?

Attachments

• IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0020.jpg
    IMAG0020.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 93

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Mine has the same problem

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm wondering if its like this for all devices. Which is why I'm not sure if I should exchange or not. It's not one of those things that can easily be tested in a store because it's hard to tell in lighted situations.

spawn9859

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I can let you know Tuesday, I work at at&t and have someone coming in to buy one. We currently don't have a floor model for some reason. I'll just turn the lights off and see.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I can let you know Tuesday, I work at at&t and have someone coming in to buy one. We currently don't have a floor model for some reason. I'll just turn the lights off and see.

Awesome! Be sure to let me know. Also would be helpful if some other community members can chime in here. It's rather annoying now that I noticed it..if I hadn't I wouldn't consider exchanging this heh.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Now I know it's defective. Anyone know if I can stop in a best buy to get this handled ?

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Does your phone overheat or have a rubbish battery life? If not do u really want to trade it in for a new phone that might have these issues for something so small as a tiny little light coming from the sides?

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
My battery life has been pretty subpar with it usually under 4 hours SOT. I have had screen defects in the past which makes me iffy though.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Guessing it's a defect with a small number of them. I also noticed there is light leak by the capacity buttons. I don't remember my other Edge's having any of these. Thinking the screen just isn't sitted properly.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
To my untrained eyes, that looks like the display isn't properly fitted to the frame, hence the light bleed.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Spoke with Verizon and they didn't think it was normal so they're sending me a like new replacement. Anyone have any experience with their replacrments? Hopefully it's as good as a new phone

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Spoke with Verizon and they didn't think it was normal so they're sending me a like new replacement. Anyone have any experience with their replacrments? Hopefully it's as good as a new phone

I hate to be negative here, but I had three replacements sent to me before I got one that didn't have something wrong with it (one was covered with scratches, one was the wrong phone entirely, one had a display that was pink on the bottom third of the phone). The one I ended up keeping, I bought right from the store, and I returned the original one to t-mo.

But I think you should persevere until you get a phone that doesn't have any problems!

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I hate to be negative here, but I had three replacements sent to me before I got one that didn't have something wrong with it (one was covered with scratches, one was the wrong phone entirely, one had a display that was pink on the bottom third of the phone). The one I ended up keeping, I bought right from the store, and I returned the original one to t-mo.

But I think you should persevere until you get a phone that doesn't have any problems!

Was that replacement from t-mo or verizon? I'm a pretty big tech geek so I'll be on this phone all the time, and won't settle for anything less. ;) (It's also why I have insurance) I'm interested to see if this replacement will have the light leak issue fixed and better battery than my current phone.

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

Any updates? My replacement hasn't come in quite yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke