can't find "cloud" on my s6e?

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I might need to do a factory reset because my phone gets hot while charging and I need to back up everything on the cloud. However, I can't find it on my phone. It was very plain on the IPhone but not on this phone. Help please!!!!
Thanks
Karin

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you charging normally, or using the Fast Charging feature? Fast charging causes more heat. If it's getting hot while charging normally, it's possible the charging cable, charging port, or battery are faulty. The only thing you can try is a different cable--if that doesn't help, then you may have to contact Samsung for warranty repair.

There are a number of different cloud storage services available. What exactly are you trying to back up? As long as your contacts and calendar events are associate with Google (and not the Phone/Device Account or Samsung Account), they will sync automatically with your Google account. 3rd party apps may or may not backup data to your Google account--the problem is there is no easy way to tell. So if it's very important for you to backup 3rd party app data, then use Helium or Smart Switch. (I used to suggest Samsung Kies, but from what I understand, it doesn't work with the S6 line.)

Photos, videos, and other discrete files can be backed up to the cloud storage of your choice. Google Drive is the easiest, but you have to make sure you have the app installed on the phone. Photos and videos can also be uploaded to your Google+ Photos (formerly known as Picasa). There's always Flickr, Dropbox, Onedrive, Asus Webstorage, etc. etc., so take your pick.

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much, B.Diddy for your help! As for the phone getting hot, yes, I believe it's the wireless charging that made it hot. I now use the normal charging method and the phone stays cool.
Thank you with the help on cloud, I'm finally getting the idea! Lol
I may not need to factory reset the phone since it's not getting hot any longer!
Karin

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great, glad things are working better! Wireless charging does tend to cause more heating (and it can be more pronounced if you have a case on as well). If you have a case, try the wireless charging again without the case, and see if it gets that warm.