Playing music in my car

EckyThump80

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
In my car I have a fly-lead coming out of the dashboard ending in an Apple 30 pin plug to fit into my iPod.
Searching the net the other day, I came across an adapter from 30 pin to micro USB. Logically (I feel) I assumed that I would be able to plug my phone into the iPod lead and play all the extra music I have on my phone through the car system.

Instead of merrily thrashing away to some metal I was straining to hear my tunes that only came from the S6E speaker.
So, what am I doing wrong? Is it a settings issue or is the adapter for charging only?

I'll not go into the reasons why I don't put my latest music on my iPod other than to say it's not possible just now.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I haven't looked at the architecture of it but if I were to guess, I would say that the 30 pin handles audio and power while the micro usb handles power and data. Instead, I think you would need a 30 pin to 3.5 aux jack like this:

http://www.amazon.com/iPod-Female-M...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4435578

Not sure it would work so no warranty, but short of buying a car with bluetooth, that might be your best bet.

Edit: BTW, this should push audio to your stereo but it will not - I do not believe - push data. In other words, your radio won't tell you what song is playing.

EckyThump80

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this folks, ill do a bit more research. I have a Parrot kit in the car but its the model that only accepts phone calls through the bluetooth.
The ipod kit doesn't do data so no issues there. Perish of owning an older car I guess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781