Jittery laggy scrolling is driving me nuts

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one with horrible scrolling on things like facebook and the playstore? It hesitates, jumps, sputters, and lags. My original edge (that I returned for overheating issues) didn't do this. But on this phone it's driving me nuts. I've tried clearing the cache in recovery mode and turning off java (I read that somewhere) but nothing helps. I feel like it's gotten worse since my fourteen days were up (of course). Help?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm not sure. I would clear the cache on those apps -- and worse case I would factory reset. I don't have an issue with scrolling on the phone.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Disable the flipboard panel on the homescreen then disable the Amazon app that comes with the phone. Makes a big difference

Posted via the Android Central App

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Disable the flipboard panel on the homescreen then disable the Amazon app that comes with the phone. Makes a big difference

Thanks, that's done already as well. Keep 'em coming, folks!

It's particularly bad on Facebook. Anyone else noticing this on facebook?

Keith Molloy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Iam getting this also! It seems to only be when iam web browsing.I thought i was experiencing it on facebook also but iam not so sure . Facebook seems to be ok now! Its not that bothersome but it doesnt feel as smooth and as fast as it should!

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You prob have the memory leak issue that a lot of these phones have. Mine does it too.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
OK Clearing the cache on those apps, and closing a bunch of open browser windows seemed to help. But it's still not like buttah, like it should be...

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, that's done already as well. Keep 'em coming, folks!

It's particularly bad on Facebook. Anyone else noticing this on facebook?

Yes - Facebook is the worst...Twitter not so great as well . Chrome too. I think it has to do with the phone memory bug and will hopefully be fixed for the rest of us with the update that AT&T just got.

purpleclad

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
How do you clean the cache on the edge

Turn off the phone. Hold volume up, home button and power all together. Let go when phone powers on, this will take you into recovery where you can wipe the cache partition. Then reboot it.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes - Facebook is the worst...Twitter not so great as well . Chrome too. I think it has to do with the phone memory bug and will hopefully be fixed for the rest of us with the update that AT&T just got.

Ah Techno-guy, I remember discussing this with you weeks ago, when I had my original phone that overheated, but didn't have this awful scrolling lag. I went through three other replacement phones before I stuck with this one, that I bought from the local t mobile store. I swear, it seems like every single one of these phones has something wrong with it. Frustrating. But this lag should be fixable, and hopefully it does get fixed with an update, as you said. I will be scared to update, though, because my previous experience with t mobile is that their updates fix one thing, but then break something else...

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Ah Techno-guy, I remember discussing this with you weeks ago, when I had my original phone that overheated, but didn't have this awful scrolling lag. I went through three other replacement phones before I stuck with this one, that I bought from the local t mobile store. I swear, it seems like every single one of these phones has something wrong with it. Frustrating. But this lag should be fixable, and hopefully it does get fixed with an update, as you said. I will be scared to update, though, because my previous experience with t mobile is that their updates fix one thing, but then break something else...

Sorry you've been through so much trouble with these S6's! It's why I've kept my original S6 from the T-Mobile pre-release.

Not thrilled with my Cell Standby drain but I feel fortunate I got an S6 that didn't have the orientation problem, screen bleeding, lose home button, etc. I think that Cell Standby and scrolling lag are clearly software related and hold out hope every day that T-Mobile releases a software fix so we can all go on enjoying what is otherwise a fantastic phone, but they need to take care of this soon - it's been almost 2 months now!

Scrolling lag was somewhat fixed by turning off animation in Developer Settings but then it caused some weird issues with the top pull-down menu and other screen transitions so I couldn't live with it in the long-run but you may want to try that as a possible solution.

Denise69

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Just found your post go ogling for an answer as scrolling on my one day old S6 driving me crazy.
I thought something was wrong but sure it wasn't like this before I uploaded everything. Software fault /in compatability ??
If you find an answer please let me know someone. ... tempted to pick up a hammer 😢😢😢

Ingorante

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My S6 upgraded with the last firmware (relesed on 18th august) has the same bad performances scrolling... everywhere. Contacts, applications menù, playstore.... everywhere. A lot of micro stuttering.
And when I make a video, or simply look at the display while i'm using the camera: it stutters! You can see some exemple here:
youtu.be/-anfCAhljvA
youtu.be/cCsTw9a4EbI
youtu.be/fZJ9xaa-Hw4
youtu.be/pN241Xx1ICc
youtu.be/-anfCAhljvA

Someone else has the same problems?

P.S. I beg your pardon for my bad english! :-|

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member