Update made my s6 edge better

zperlow

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I bought(leased) a white sprint 64gb galaxy s6 edge a few weeks ago and it was a headache from the beginning. The screen stopped rotating the day after i bought it, fixed it with a thrid party app and then stopped working again permantly. Samsung said i had to mail it in to fix it. They sent me a lable to ship it but I've been too busy to send it off. It would often get laggy. It would also start to overheat for no reason; albeit charging, running a few apps, or just using navigation. It would drop calls like nobody's business. Had an lg g2 on the same carrier, can't remember it ever dropping a call. Bluetooth unsync's and resyncs durring usage..

Now.....it hasn't been 24hrs since i recieved and installed an update that has helped with some of that already. First and the worst, the screen rotation is back in action. Didn't even have to send it to samsumg. Crazy right? Two, no over heating... So far so good. Third, practically no lag, phone runs like new again. As for the calls and bluetooth, I'll be on the road for an hour and a half later today and will keep you guys updated.

Posted via the Android Central App

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Which carrier are you on? I assume Canadian? There hasn't been any word on an American release of an update to fix the memory leak issue.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Nice. Which carrier are you on? I assume Canadian? There hasn't been any word on an American release of an update to fix the memory leak issue.

He said he has a Sprint 64Gb S6....

Sprint is one of the four major carrier in the U.S. I have no idea what he's talking about since he didn't put down the update version and what version he's on. I'm on 5.0.2 on T-Mobile and I've seen mine lag one time. A reboot fixed the issue for now. I'm still waiting for Samsung to fix it permanently.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh sorry haha. It was an early post this morning for me. Yea I'm on T-Mobile, no updates here. Phone lagged like crazy the other day. I rebooted and it returned to a normal snappy phone. It was really odd.

zperlow

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys. Im not the most savvy of the Android crowd. The update just said it was for bugs and general matainence. Im still on 5.0.2. Maybe it was a prl (not sure what that is) or profile update. Here's some screen shots to try and help. Also, i was on the phone from Greensboro to Charlotte in NC, for about a half hour....didn't drop, bluetooth stayed connected the whole time too.

Attachments

• 3914.jpg
    3914.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 3915.jpg
    3915.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 3916.jpg
    3916.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

trevor42088

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
thought it was common knowledge that sprint recieved their 'bug fix' update already. Other carries, like tmobile, are still patiently waiting on theres.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I am on AT&T and after the update I did a factory reset, and am getting great battery life now, enhanced lte on, wifi on, My normal use is close to 40 hours on a charge.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
My phone became really show yesterday. Internet pages wouldn't load, gmail was not refreshing, just hanging. Powered it off and on again, nothing. So I cleared cache partition and it returned too it's snappy self. Thick this will keep happening until the fix arrives

zperlow

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Yea, sprint did a killer job with this update. Battery life, phone calls, bluetooth, screen rotation, wifi, everything seems to be working as it should. I hope everyone gets a similiar update because i love the phone now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith