Mophie s6 edge case can't come soon enough

C5p0

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
My god the phone is the best in the market but comes with a hefty price. The BATTERY life.....

I went to Disney land over the weekend fully charged and got go the park at 1 pm I was at 20 percent.. all I would do was take pix here and there and check wait times. I would close all apps after and it still drained so fast.. I love this phone but the battery is just terrible and yes I did All the tips and tricks yall recommended

Posted via the Android Central App

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
No white option for the S6 Edge Mophie case though.

I even wrote them and called them to ask about the white option if it would be coming out later, as they have a white option for the S6 (non-edge), but they couldn't care less. What attitude! Essentially, they gleefully told me in a standard marketing tone of voice: "...oh, Mophie continues to add new products constantly, why don't you keep checking in on our website and when our new products come out, you would know!!! ... "

oh wow, gee, wheeeeee! i guess.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
My god the phone is the best in the market but comes with a hefty price. The BATTERY life.....

I went to Disney land over the weekend fully charged and got go the park at 1 pm I was at 20 percent.. all I would do was take pix here and there and check wait times. I would close all apps after and it still drained so fast.. I love this phone but the battery is just terrible and yes I did All the tips and tricks yall recommended

Yet to have a problem. I'm averaging 5 to 6 hours screen on time. Must have defective device. Take it back.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sadly the battery life is Google's fault and not Samsungs. This is the downside of not getting OS updates fast enough to address issues like ios. Not that I want to go back there for a phone at least, tablet no problem, phone forget it.

Still Mophie was a "Launch Partner" for Samsung and was supposed to have stock on launch and yet they didn't and we are still waiting for product on the S6 Edge, the S6 finally got Black in stock. I am willing to wait for the carriers to get them that way I get my corporate discount.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Yet to have a problem. I'm averaging 5 to 6 hours screen on time. Must have defective device. Take it back.

Unfortunately, it's not defective hardware (the S6 is fine, albeit with a battery a bit too small) so sadly taking it back will not do anything. See some of the others who have swapped out multiple S6's only to end up with the same problem over and over again. There's a number of threads on this.

The battery issues are a combination of Lollipop and some carrier/Samsung settings that are the root cause. It seems the WiFi calling/VoLTE carrier phones were hit the hardest. Hopefully, it will be fixed by 5.1.1. Definitely consider yourself very fortunate you don't have the issue (I'm jealous!) because other than the battery drain (and some tweaks to the fingerprint sensor), the S6 is a really fantastic phone!!

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's not defective hardware (the S6 is fine, albeit with a battery a bit too small) so sadly taking it back will not do anything. See some of the others who have swapped out multiple S6's only to end up with the same problem over and over again. There's a number of threads on this.

The battery issues are a combination of Lollipop and some carrier/Samsung settings that are the root cause. It seems the WiFi calling/VoLTE carrier phones were hit the hardest. Hopefully, it will be fixed by 5.1.1. Definitely consider yourself very fortunate you don't have the issue (I'm jealous!) because other than the battery drain (and some tweaks to the fingerprint sensor), the S6 is a really fantastic phone!!

Actually I've bought 2 with no issues. Best battery life of any phone we've ever had. The bad always outshines the good, because the good aren't complaining. I bet in reality there are only a small percentage with problems. Wish there was a way to measure it.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Actually I've bought 2 with no issues. Best battery life of any phone we've ever had. The bad always outshines the good, because the good aren't complaining. I bet in reality there are only a small percentage with problems. Wish there was a way to measure it.

Really wish you were right (I like Samsung a lot) but, much to my surprise, preliminary S6 sales numbers say something completely different. Forbes called them 'disastrous' and others have called the S6 a 'flop'. After a 57% drop in their mobile division profits, they needed the S6 to come out of the gates strong for them and I personally thought the S6 redesign was generally the right move for them (although it really needed a 3000mAh battery).

I'm sure the sales 'issues' (it's all speculation right now but Samsung refuses to provide any actual numbers) are a combination of things but battery life is a major complaint on all of the carrier forums, on Amazon and all over Android Central so there must be something to it. Bad customer experiences are the best way to kill sales.

Glad both of your were gems, however!! That's awesome. The S6 certainly has the capability to be magnificent if so many weren't plagued by the various battery killing bugs that you read about all over these forums!

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Really wish you were right (I like Samsung a lot) but, much to my surprise, preliminary S6 sales numbers say something completely different. Forbes called them 'disastrous' and others have called the S6 a 'flop'. After a 57% drop in their mobile division profits, they needed the S6 to come out of the gates strong for them and I personally thought the S6 redesign was generally the right move for them (although it really needed a 3000mAh battery).

I'm sure the sales 'issues' (it's all speculation right now but Samsung refuses to provide any actual numbers) are a combination of things but battery life is a major complaint on all of the carrier forums, on Amazon and all over Android Central so there must be something to it. Bad customer experiences are the best way to kill sales.

Glad both of your were gems, however!! That's awesome. The S6 certainly has the capability to be magnificent if so many weren't plagued by the various battery killing bugs that you read about all over these forums!

Don't put much stock in Forbes. They're Apple lovers and hate Samsung. Don't need to believe media. They blow things up and thrive on negativity. My experience with it has been great. We love ours.

koreaa30

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the **** out of this phone lately and slowly started to care less and less about the battery life. Did all the recommended tweaks so now just enjoying it much as I can now. Haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy