Cocktailbar Service has stopped

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I get this message when I try to open the Edge Screen settings, so I can't actually get in there and change any of my Edge screen settings. The edge screen still works - I can get the 5 favorites I set up and the night clock works. Tried to clear the app cache, the app data, force stop and also re-booted the phone (and wiped the cache), but nothing seems to work. Any thoughts shy of a hard re-set which I am loathe to do?

heysler

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Just received my new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and was able to configure Edge Screen settings, but now I'm getting an error when attempting to open Edge screen settings "Unfortunately, Cocktailbar service has stopped". Please advise.
Thank you

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't made any progress, it is still showing up. Out of curiosity,which carrier are you on? I'm on verizon

Posted via the Android Central App

shadeofgrey35

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue and switched to a different theme and now when I go to the edge screen in settings it no longer gives me that error message.

JCWgirl

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I have the S6 edge on Sprint. I had the same exact problem and just tried changing the theme (thanks for the suggestion) and now it works. PHEW!

Thanks!!

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much shadesofgray. I run a theme,so that must've been it. Not a big deal to revert to default theme and make some quick changes. It's not like I need to frequently access that menu.
Do most people use the feed option? I found it fairly useless and difficult to initiate so I turned that off. I do use the night clock and the frequent contacts.

Posted via the Android Central App

bellaandroid

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I am so glad that I found this site & thread! I've had my s6 edge for about 5 days now, and though I love it in so many ways, I was getting really frustrated with that stupid message "Unfortunately, Cocktailbar Service has stopped" when trying to go into the edge settings. I called Samsung the other day and the representative had never heard of such a thing and couldn't help me other than telling me how to reset/restore to factory settings, which I was not yet feeling up to doing, sooooo...kept researching. I had placed a really cool-looking art-theme on my phone, so when I saw this post, I changed the theme back to the default and No more weird message from edge settings! Yea! Thank you!

Cheburashkaa

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
I've found that if I don't go into the edge settings from the setting menu, but from pulling open the edge people menu and hitting settings there it works. Maybe that's just my phone though.. And I have a theme set, so I got the same 'cocktail bar service' from going through settings.

Tony Farah

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue today with my Note Edge, it happened after some updates from Play Store. the issue was resolved after I removed the Samsung Music Application from my phone.
Try to remove recently updated application and your problem will be solved.

Dobreici

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
i dont have this app and this is anoying all day long i cant anymore i have note edge 4 also but the thing dont go away can u help me pls?

Elden Naima

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
This post Really Helps me A LOT! Thanks! For Note Edge, please don't update Samsung Music, unless you want that annoying "Unfortunately, Cocktailbar Service has stopped" popped up on the screen EVERY FCUKING SECOND! If you have updated it, uninstall it. THANK YOU!

KateyGirl

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
"Unfortunately, Cocktailbar Service has stopped" popped up on the screen EVERY FCUKING SECOND! If you have updated it, uninstall it. THANK YOU!

I was about to throw my bloody phone out the window because of this annoying as **** message. Uninstalled music update and crazy level back down to 0. THANKS FOR THE ADVISE!

Wade Williams1

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm using a Note Edge and after reading some of the posting I stumbled on this . It worked instantly.
SETTINGS ➡APPLICATIONS➡APPLICATION MANAGER➡scroll town to Music 7.03MB➡FORCE STOP ➡UNINSTALL UPDATES

Last edited: