Yellow Tint/Color Shifting

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I understand that AMOLED screens tend to run warmer but it seems my device has some rather annoying color shift. When I look at the phone headon there is a bit of a yellow tint. However if I change the angle just slightly there is a blue/purple tint across the screen. Anyone else experience this?

The yellow I'm seeing might be a true white but the color shifting to blue/purple is quite annoying.

This was a replacement device and I'm not sure if I remember this or not on my old device.

orangemartini

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I understand that AMOLED screens tend to run warmer but it seems my device has some rather annoying color shift. When I look at the phone headon there is a bit of a yellow tint. However if I change the angle just slightly there is a blue/purple tint across the screen. Anyone else experience this?

The yellow I'm seeing might be a true white but the color shifting to blue/purple is quite annoying.

This was a replacement device and I'm not sure if I remember this or not on my old device.

Hmm...Is this your first AMOLED phone? What you are describing sounds normal except the "change the angle just slightly" part. Slightly? I have to angle mine quite a bit before the color shifts. One suggestion is to go to your local best buy or carrier retailer and look at the ones they have on display and see if they behave in roughly the same way. I did this myself when I felt like the display on my replacement phone was not the same as the display on my original phone. All six Edge phones on display at best buy had displays that looked a bit different from one another. Some pinker, some yellower, subtle differences in text appearance, etc.

But my guess is, if this is your first AMOLED phone, you're just not used to it

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
It is my first AMOLED phone but I find it surprising I didn't notice it on my last replacement. Literately I could be typing a message and the screen will have a yellow/green hue and I'll change the angle ever so slightly and that hue turns to a purple/blue with what appears to be a more natural white in my eyes. (But that in part is probably because colder colors look whiter..)

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
That does not sound normal to me. I am returning a 64gb tomorrow just purchased today that has a purple tint around the edges and gets warm when charging it. My 32gb is perfect and does none of that even with a crack in the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci